• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Your 3 Ring Binder Hole Punched Comics
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, ThothAmon said:

53B7F560-354D-4D7A-B29D-B2CC837E6342.thumb.jpeg.585382039cd31d671be8f90ea723dd5f.jpegvery sharp copy. I’ve seen 3.0s with hole punches that look way worse calling in question CGCs consistency when grading. 

If I were more of a collector than I am I'd snap up under-graded hole punched books.  

I am not surprised there is so much inconsistency in grading.  It is a huge defect to some and minor to others... it might take a while for standards to appear.

Personally, I think they are cool in an old book that is otherwise in awesome shape.  In that case, the punches are WHY it is in awesome shape.  It lived in a binder for 70 or 80 years.  How cool is that?

I think hole-punched books are a great opportunity... But I mostly buy books to read and to stare at art up close so I'll watch from here instead of loading up.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:07 AM, Dr Zen said:

Here's mine. Back in the 80s a guy walked in to my LCS (this is someone the owner had never seen before or since) with 15 to 18 golden age books that all had binder holes. I bought this one. Notice only 1 staple. Got to save those materials. There's a war on.

I think I paid $40.00. Which was a lot for a starving college student.

More Fun Comics.jpg

Looks like this is one of the rarer ones, now I started looking through my garage for my comics collection and this part I can't find, looks like I lost or sold it :(( I also understand you so well, I have now become a student and I understand how hard it is, because I have no time left to work, and my parents offer me money just so I don't starve, now I am looking for how I could improve the situation and I found this good source https://paperell.net/research-papers-for-sale, where is cheap research papers for sale, this really helps me a lot and I manage besides college and homework to work, but I am sure there are more such sources and if you know them, have used personally please reply me here, thanks in advance.

Edited by virginialang