• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM my The Mighty Thor 166
2 2

11 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, scburdet said:

Qualified label?

Idk nothing is missing? I read a post saying grading can can go either way. Is it a significant enough defect to get green or is it low grade. It could be high grade purple but I don’t know if I wanna go there.

I actually have 2 copies of this book. I can't remember, but I might have got the 2nd one as a package when I upgraded my 165. I still have that one too, which is 4.5ish. I'm not on these boards to sell things, but one of these copies is in my "sell pile" (is it really a sell pile, if you've never sold anything?). I was going to offer it up to the two people in the PGM forum who seem to have an affinity for Warlock, but now I can't decide which one should be my keeper. One has more stress marks along the spine. The other is dirty in the white sections. If that cleans up, it's clearly better. Some person_too_unaware_of_social_graces also wrote "WARLOCK" in light pencil on the back cover of the 2nd one. Also something that might clean, but I assume the pencil impression might remain even with pressing. 

20220624_224634.jpg

20220624_224706.jpg

On 6/24/2022 at 11:51 PM, 815K1 said:

With this book, personally I would wait until 3 months prior to May 2023 before I think about selling.

that's probably what I'll do. I think the combo of a 165/166 time correctly could recover all the $s I spent acquiring them. These old Thor covers are outstanding. I'm a sucker for Kirby stuff. It's a reason I picked up the larger run of Thor years ago.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:23 AM, Jackson13 said:

Adam Warlock's first appearance is Marvel Premiere #1 (thumbsu

As Adam Warlock yes. The character was first named Him which first appeared in Fantastic Four #67 with a major appearance in Thor #165. 

Honestly, just keep the first copy of Thor #166 over the second because of the pencil marks.