• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your comic book upgrades
5 5

88 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2022 at 11:13 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Pence to cents? That's a downgrade, Kev :taptaptap:

I did have a better Pence copy back in the day but its one of the few comics I ever sold when I was skint in the 90s, I sold it to someone in Hawaii for £100 :cry:

Edited by Kevin.J

On 6/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, frozentundraguy said:

This book was my first Marvel Pre-Hero book.  Tape, writing on the cover, creases throughout, well worn, the book has it all. :wavingwhiteflag:  Then about 20 years to upgrade to a better copy.  The better copy is currently in scheduled for grading status.

image.jpeg.83a3fdce2d5b8f0d1d7824bdf613b5c4.jpeg

image.jpeg.8182d5d7e28d03ec7d866132fd49cc14.jpeg

With some luck, you'll get it back before another 20 years pass.

GetImage.aspx?c=3204818&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni8yNy8yMDIyIDI6NTM6MzIgUE0%3dGetImage.aspx?c=3453530&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni8yNy8yMDIyIDI6NTM6MzIgUE0%3d

The 5.5 was a double cover that I was just thankful to own, before I had really "shopped" around for this particular issue.

I ended up with the 8.5 for less cost, and I bought both raw to send in for encapsulation :headbang: 

On 6/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

GetImage.aspx?c=3204818&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni8yNy8yMDIyIDI6NTM6MzIgUE0%3dGetImage.aspx?c=3453530&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni8yNy8yMDIyIDI6NTM6MzIgUE0%3d

The 5.5 was a double cover that I was just thankful to own, before I had really "shopped" around for this particular issue.

I ended up with the 8.5 for less cost, and I bought both raw to send in for encapsulation :headbang: 

Nice books.  (thumbsu  That must have been a hefty premium on the 6.5 copy with the double cover.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:04 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Nice books.  (thumbsu  That must have been a hefty premium on the 6.5 copy with the double cover.

It was actually decent in price, about $55 raw, then CGC cost.

It was my 1st ever double cover though and I don't know if it is "irony" or not, but I first heard of "double covers" here and the boards, went in that weekend to ask my LCS and they had just got in this copy :banana: