• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Listing 9.8 books as "9.9".
4 4

25 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 1:19 AM, Galen130 said:

I actually own one graded 9.9 comic that I sent in for encapsulation without a clean and press, and one 10.0.  I wonder if its even possible to get books graded that high these days.

I remember that one seller here that would be at conventions where CGC was at, and you could buy 9.9s or 10s while he was there. I am fuzzy on the details - but man, I'm sure someone else knows who I'm talking about. I bought a 9.9 and a 10 variant cover from him while he was at a show. And they were pretty reasonable - and if I remember right, they were like the Alice in Wonderland half-nudie variant covers or something. It was when EBas was super hot and couldn't finish his commissions. :preach:

On 6/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I remember that one seller here that would be at conventions where CGC was at, and you could buy 9.9s or 10s while he was there. I am fuzzy on the details - but man, I'm sure someone else knows who I'm talking about. I bought a 9.9 and a 10 variant cover from him while he was at a show. And they were pretty reasonable - and if I remember right, they were like the Alice in Wonderland half-nudie variant covers or something. It was when EBas was super hot and couldn't finish his commissions. :preach:

There is still someone here who posts those kinds of books and or slabs from time to time, even the 9.9 to 10s in this week in collection thread.

Not sure if it is the same person, but those books are common in grade like that, or they're at least more common than other titles. The way they're made is different.

I just wanted to speak up that over in modern there is a thread to post your 9.9', I'm not sure if the thread qualifier is to have subbed yourself or not.

There are some heavy hitters posted!

I have yet to find a book within reason that I could afford, and or, felt passionate enough about. Maybe some day!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, Namtak said:

Ftfy

ama12.708a.jpg

On 6/28/2022 at 2:19 AM, Galen130 said:

I actually own one graded 9.9 comic that I sent in for encapsulation without a clean and press, and one 10.0.  I wonder if its even possible to get books graded that high these days.  I have a 9.8 that ended up with a finger bend on the FC, and I KNOW that CGC put it there last year.  Maybe that will be a 9.9 after I let CCS press it and CGC grade it again… hm

CFC1CA85-899E-4351-A013-43E7DFF58E23.gif

:whistle:

20210725_005442.thumb.jpg.eb237da08c93a976099c0151ca9d2310.jpg

On 6/27/2022 at 12:21 PM, Namtak said:

Ftfy

ama12.708a.jpg

I have one of those. The individual that sold it to me claimed it was a 10. However, knowing better, I had them erase the "10" and replace it with a 9.9. :facepalm: