Help a new guy?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I recently found a number of Batman comic books from when I was a kid. I have attempted to find a fair value of each book but prices seem to be all over the place (on Bay for example). I just joined this site today and I'm planning on having some of them graded. I would love some feedback on the best way or website to find an accurate value for each comic book. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

If you have books that you think are valuable you will want to get an assessment of their grade. 

You can post front cover and back cover pictures on the PGM section here and board members will give you there opinion of the grade.  

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Then look up sold prices on eBay to get an idea of their value. Or you can buy a GPA subscription to get a more accurate value. 

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/

From there, you can determine if they are worth having professionally graded. 

Good luck! 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:22 PM, Swimmer1 said:

I recently found a number of Batman comic books from when I was a kid. I have attempted to find a fair value of each book but prices seem to be all over the place (on Bay for example).

Something like this is not very informative as we have no idea how old you are.  Did you find books you had fifty years ago or five? Why do you want to grade them when you have no idea what they are worth?

www.mycomicshop.com will take you to the leading comic retailer. See what he has your books listed at, and you'll have an idea what they sell for.

If you plan on slabbing a bunch of books, be prepared to spend a few thousand dollars and wait many months to get them back. For some, that is a big investment in time and money. Do you have a plan?  There is a thread about the thousands of ebay listings selling slabbed books at a loss.  Take some trime and learn a bit. 

CGC will still be there in a few months. The urge to slab may not.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:22 PM, Swimmer1 said:

I recently found a number of Batman comic books from when I was a kid. Any suggestions?

Documentation of your holdings via an inventory list (titles, issues) and photographs should be your first order of business.  How about beginning that process now by posting few "group shots" of your collection?  We'll then be in a much better position to help.  :foryou:  :hi:

On 6/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, Swimmer1 said:

I have attempted to find a fair value of each book but prices seem to be all over the place (on Bay for example).

That's because each grade commands different values. Creating an inventory of what you have at what grade would be your start.