• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM giant size x-men #1: GRADE IS IN
3 3

20 posts in this topic

These square bound books are tough. It's something that's keeping me up at night. My understanding is that they're harder to press, especially well. It looks to me like the cleaning is way more important than the pressing here. For example, you have some of the staple pops that are just unavoidable b/c how the books are assembled. My experience with C&P is limited, but it's not like you can expect a pristine book just b/c of that. I'm going to say 4.0 as the basement although I can envision something that's not obvious outside, or something internal brining it down another 0.5. My upper limit is 5.0 *if* the cleaning went perfectly and you got a discount for being square bound. I've heard there's some leniency compared to regular books. Definitely closer to 4.0 and below when compared to GSXM listings out there. It's still a very nice book

I think this looks like a really nice copy.

If the C&P is done to a really high standard I could see this getting a 6.0.

As is I think is around a 4.5, the majority of the issues do seem to be dirt/staining etc but I did notice the colour breaking crease on the front cover which knocked it down a fair bit for me.

White covers are a nightmare for higher grades and I could see there being other issues which would be more apparent when viewing it in person.