• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Spec & Bust Adventure
1 1

44 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2022 at 11:51 PM, 500Club said:

Saga wasn’t a spec failure.  It may have slowed, but there was plenty of time where early issues sold very well.

I never picked up the RRP, just a signed 1st print. And although it soared well during the pandemic, it has cooled considerably. 

Saga is certainly no bust. You may have just held on too long.

That would be like saying The Walking Dead is a bust...and Saga hasn't even been made into something yet...

Anyone go for Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth? I know some spec'ed on that hard. I read the first couple issues, hated it, and was done there. (shrug)

Edited by PeterPark

The only massive busts I've had was Y: Last Man and Preacher but i made enough on Preacher books during the lead up that I almost don't count it.  I recently had to blow out my couple sets of Y: Last man (except #1 & 2) for pretty much $1 a piece since they never took off and crashed after the show.  Plenty of wins to make up for the losses but those two sting.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, PeterPark said:

Saga is certainly no bust. You may have just held on too long.

That would be like saying The Walking Dead is a bust...and Saga hasn't even been made into something yet...

Anyone go for Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth? I know some spec'ed on that hard. I read the first couple issues, hated it, and was done there. (shrug)

Hated Todd? Blasphemous!