• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody see these at your local Target?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 6:13 PM, Robot Man said:

Saw these being racked at Target today. Anybody else see them? Are they Exclusives? Reprints? Each comes with a small action figure. 

Thought the $9.99 price seemed a little “aggressive””…

7B070669-88A7-4552-A948-302AA1433E2C.jpeg

The price rivals the Walmart marvels. I'm assuming the reason I haven't heard of the DC is because marvel sprinkles the packs with a few $books. I'll admit some of the marvel are variants though, or Walmart exclusives and 1st appearances. I'm wondering what we'll hear from the DC  hm packs

The title in modern section for Walmart says "3 packs" but there were eventually 10 packs as well, then maybe DC chose target. :) all priced about the same as DC 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/30/2022 at 6:47 PM, Readcomix said:

I’m just glad it includes an effort to get floppies in front of kids! Every childhood should have the joy of comics!

(And every adulthood should have the joy of sex, but that’s a different thread!)

A noble effort but I doubt these are aimed a kids. How many kids have a spare $10. For a comic book? 

On 7/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, Robot Man said:

A noble effort but I doubt these are aimed a kids. How many kids have a spare $10. For a comic book? 

$10 for a comic and toy combo is a perfect "birthday party" price point. I'm sure a lot of adult collectors will grab these (I probably will buy at least the Batman one), but with the price of action figures in the toy aisles, these seem like a decent deal for parents to pick up for their kids.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, Robot Man said:

Saw these being racked at Target today. Anybody else see them? Are they Exclusives? Reprints? Each comes with a small action figure. 

Thought the $9.99 price seemed a little “aggressive””…

7B070669-88A7-4552-A948-302AA1433E2C.jpeg

Just to add a little clarity, $9.99 for an action figure IMO, is not "aggressive" in todays market, I have been paying $13.99 (+ shipping and tax = $19.19, all pre-orders, don't want to wait or search stores) for the Hasbro/Marvel Legends Retro 3.75" figures which are selling between $8.99 and $11.99 at Amazon, Walmart, Target for whatever they have in stock and they do not come with a comic book.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:38 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

$10 for a comic and toy combo is a perfect "birthday party" price point. I'm sure a lot of adult collectors will grab these (I probably will buy at least the Batman one), but with the price of action figures in the toy aisles, these seem like a decent deal for parents to pick up for their kids.

Great point. Anymore, $10 is a huge bargain for an action figure, the comic is just gravy. With "standard" action figures (Marvel Legends, GI Joe Classified, MotU Revelations, Power Rangers, Transformers Deluxe) up to about $23 at most places, $10 is practically an impulse buy.

I haven't been a fan of Todd's DC stuff so far, but these are pretty cute. If I run across them in the wild, I may be tempted.

The comic is super glossy.  The figure is articulate on the arms and legs only, no surprise.

I like the detail and my 2yr old Toddler (mini-Thanos) loves the toy. He has been “attacking” ms with him the last 20 minutes at least.

The Target near me has taken them out of the display and put them on a random end side shelf.  They were not presented well and a bunch were badly damaged, like bent in half. 

I will say check the books for damage that is not from mishandling.  Of the 3 Batman 608, all were pristine packages but 1 had bad color rub on the top left corner.

E0683003-B8CD-42FD-A1C5-2C45F37DE4D6.thumb.jpeg.a5e68f163ea8bc52ba3925a3d4ef08ba.jpeg

On 7/1/2022 at 12:59 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'd like to see this action figure collaboration for us adults...

1960692629_Cherry2.thumb.jpeg.fe4a90ebd2263ae16938f4bac0a2cd67.thumb.jpeg.e30433c8eb25178408a0e4a90a6aba6a.jpeg

Lol asking for a friend how do we get this collaboration going lol 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:08 AM, Robot Man said:

Let's be real... comic books aren't aimed for kids either at $3.99, $4.99 a book. 

It's paper... and it's ridiculous.