• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***THE COLLECTOR’S SUMMIT*** RETURNS
3 3

108 posts in this topic

I was really impressed with the class of this show and the way it was run.The food and the tour of Heritage was the highlights along with some amazing comics in the room.The value was meeting dealers and collectors i haven't seen in awhile and the free t-shirt from Short Boxed was well worth it.The show was just great and i give it a five star event and thank all for putting this on! ^^

On 11/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, Funnybooks said:

I'll post info in a new thread next year for the next Summit event

Dallas again? :wishluck:  I wasn’t able to attend after all :cry:, and would love to have it nice and centrally located again. 

On 11/16/2022 at 6:45 AM, Funnybooks said:

In the interest of respecting the privacy of each individual dealer, my blanket statement would be that multiple 6 figures of dollars plus changed hands over the weekend. I believe the dealers and attendees were more than happy with the event. Entire collections were bought and sold at the show as well.

That’s good. Tepid dealer interest killed the dallas cons back in the 80’s.

that, and the event organizer took off with everyone’s money 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 11/16/2022 at 8:15 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That’s good. Tepid dealer interest killed the dallas cons back in the 80’s.

that, and the event organizer took off with everyone’s money 

We’ve had some fantastic shows in Dallas, particularly Fan Expo but even some of the smaller shows. There are definitely buyers. 

A little bit late on this but Alex and I had a great time setting up at this show. Huge thanks to Heritage and Nate ( @Kihei Collectibles) for putting it on!

As we were recommended to do, we brought about 100 slabs of Golden Age/High End Silver. Considering we brought so few books, I was very happy with what we were able to sell and also bought a few books throughout the weekend from guys who brought their own stuff to set up on tables. The Heritage location was extremely convenient being right next to the airport and the catered food on Saturday night and free food trucks on Sunday were a really nice touch. I mentioned a few times over the weekend that us comic guys are used to being shoved into the back corner of a convention hall with dim lighting, and this was the exact opposite of that. We were set up in a beautifully lit gallery and treated with respect, and it did not go unnoticed.

I would love to see this show happen again in the same format with a focus on high end books, and if Heritage were gracious enough to host again, that was a perfect venue. 

Thanks to all who came by and shopped or said hello! See you all next year!