• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***THE COLLECTOR’S SUMMIT*** RETURNS
3 3

108 posts in this topic

@GreatCaesarsGhost thanks for sharing those! love to see more. are people buying the big books as far as you know? how are sales? the last summit in bellevue was fun but the graded SA keys from places like dave and adams were pretty ambitiously priced.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:42 PM, alexgross.com said:

@GreatCaesarsGhost thanks for sharing those! love to see more. are people buying the big books as far as you know? how are sales? the last summit in bellevue was fun but the graded SA keys from places like dave and adams were pretty ambitiously priced.

I thought there were some fairly priced books, in line with gpa. There were also some ambitiously priced books too.

I bought nothing. I tried to trade into something, but couldn’t reach an agreement.

My problem was Heritage set up some tables and brought you any book or piece of art you wanted from their current auction, and that’s playing dirty!  The dealers brought good books, but I’ve got my eye on a few heritage books

@Cat-Man_Americasaid he saw some deals getting made, and I saw a few guys counting out $100 bills. I really should have paid better attention to that

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 11/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks Caesar! Most of my favorite dealers in one room.

And More Fun #52 and Punch #12. Throw in a Suspense #3 and I would die and go to the great comic con in the sky happy!

Looks like a heck of an event!

There actually were 3 Punch 12s. And heritage had their 1.0 Suspense 3.  It was quite a change to see nothing but GA

On 11/13/2022 at 2:51 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I thought there were some fairly priced books, in line with gpa. There were also some ambitiously priced books too.

I bought nothing. I tried to trade into something, but couldn’t reach an agreement.

My problem was Heritage set up some tables and brought you any book or piece of art you wanted from their current auction, and that’s playing dirty!  The dealers brought good books, but Heritage had  great books. 

Not much point in bringing stuff you couldn’t buy out right. But I guess it was their shindig…

Went to April's Collectors Summit show but missed this one. Hoping for a repeat next year. 

There have been some jawdropper pickups being shared on IG... definitely some higher caliber books compared to the previous show.

I'm hoping the dealers left feeling good enough to want to come back. And that Heritage is inclined to host again.

A repeat November date would be ideal... I'd have six months to refill the coffers after some comic-centric shows early next year.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:57 PM, MrBedrock said:

IMG_3736.jpg

Astro's shirt in the wrong suitcase ? :bigsmile: GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I could've used a doggy bag, ... just saying ...:bigsmile:

Edited by jimjum12

On 11/14/2022 at 4:17 AM, jimjum12 said:

Astro's shirt in the wrong suitcase ? :bigsmile: GOD BLESS.... 

I brought a couple of jerseys but it got really cold on Friday.