• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So looks like gocollect is using Youtube strike system to silence critics on Youtube
1 1

27 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I found another mistake where GoC used the wrong sale price as a reference. See attached. I do not have the capability to see what the comic actually sold for.

(1) 07 July 2022, GoC lists a Strange Tale #138 sale on eBay for $1,050.

(2) 07 July 2022, eBay shows the comic sold for less than $1,049.95.

Unfortunately, it appears GoC accidentally referenced the Buy-It-Now as opposed to the Sold price. And, it included free shipping. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 3.08.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 3.09.02 PM.png

The book sold for $990

On 7/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, The Meta said:

Whos Mark Wilson?

Currently works for heritage as a consignment director. In the old days he was a well known seller by mail. Also kinda controversial with a few of his dealings.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Currently works for heritage as a consignment director. In the old days he was a well known seller by mail. Also kinda controversial with a few of his dealings.

I think he's a CBCS grader now.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:47 AM, Cat said:

Wouldn't that arguably fall under fair use, for purposes of criticism? Depending on what he said, of course. 

Fair use in terms that hold up in court. YouTube might be more strict as to not tie themselves up in complaints/litigation/etc - they might err on the side of caution, and private companies can censor as much as they like.