• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN—PGM War is Hell 9
3 3

14 posts in this topic

I was going to participate in a Captain Marvel 26 challenge on here until I reexamined my copy and found a smallish but noticeable water stain on the back cover, so instead I bring you War is Hell 9 for fun. This is clearly the *most important* appearance of Death in Marvel Comics. I mean, if it wasn't the most important, would they have put her on the cover? Twice?!? This one is in my category of underappreciated comics and really not valuable enough to be a great CGC candidate. Still, I almost sent this for a Claremont or Thomas signature before deciding against it b/c I had too many for them already. Tony Isabella is still around, so I suppose that would be another possibility. Secondary question to the grade, who would you choose?

Sadly, all the artists have passed on now but this is a really well drawn book IMO.

WiH9.jpg

WiH9-a.jpg

WiH9-b.jpg

WiH9-c.jpg

WiH9-d.jpg

WiH9-e.jpg

WiH9-f.jpg

WiH9-G.jpg

WiH9-H.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 7/2/2022 at 5:40 AM, grendelbo said:

My gut (which is also telling me grits and eggs) says 8.0/8.5.

Thanks for posting.

Shrimp and grits….sheesh!!! :slapfight:

Personally, this would look good in a PC without being slabbed.  Keep it bagged and boarded.  Otherwise, 8.5. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

On 2/7/2023 at 1:27 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

same Death character

Debatable. Marvel wiki has this as being Earth-616 & lists it in the chronology of Death appearances and the same character in Marvel Mystery Comics 10. Others argue Captain Marvel 26 is the first Death from Thanos. They look the same tho.

On 3/23/2023 at 10:48 PM, Mars76 said:

Great cover

Agreed. The inside art is also fantastic if you've never seen it. I want a MJs edition of this book next. I'll never find one though.