The first comic you remember buying
5 5

104 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't have the same pics as the last thread...

First I read was TMNT adventures 2 or animated series, whatever it was called 

And the 1st book I bought myself was either my ASM classic subscription or wolverine subscription or I think I remember buying a deadpool circle chase but that was a while later, but for my own coin :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, drmccoy74 said:

I remember buying this from a spinner at my local 7-Eleven. It started my original collection (long gone), and lifelong love for comic books.

20220703_094221.thumb.jpg.02287ef14c0cd8eb970870c7d0b4a223.jpg

I got mine at a 7-11 as well! Perhaps you were in front of me in the checkout line.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:19 PM, MAR1979 said:

I got mine at a 7-11 as well! Perhaps you were in front of me in the checkout line.

Maybe, if you grew up in PG County MD.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:16 PM, kav said:

I remembered having a lot of comics as a kid but one day I researched all the comics printed from age 8 to 13-the point at which I had enough money to buy any comic I wanted and saw the ones I had-and it was only abt 40 books.

In 12th grade they started rerunning the spider man cartoons and I began buying Marvel books.  the first marvel I ever bought was spider man 149.  I did have 5 marvels I got from friends, these ones-but I didnt like them because the stories were always continued.  i did like the spider man 62 because it was a self contained story.  when reed richards was trapped in the negative zone and I didnt have the next issue that really bugged me.  
Amazing Spider-Man 62 - Medusa - Hair - GreenAmazing Spider-Man 88 - Doctor Octopus - Spiderman - TentaclesFantastic Four 108 - Thing - Mr Fantastic - City - Flying Saucer - Battle - John BuscemaFantastic Four 109 - Joe Sinnott, John BuscemaThor 181 - Hammer - Sword - Red Cape - Meeting - Fire

yes , i also stayed away from FF and Thor back then because they were always continued

On 7/3/2022 at 6:07 PM, 1950's war comics said:

where are all the Marvels ??

read my post!!  :makepoint: