• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paid for a book on CLink Exchange, we never get the book - shows up for sale on the Boards
10 10

164 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, Omaha-CGC-Comics said:

Apparently the guy I sell some books for received it in a trade. He is contacting the person from whom he received it. That's all I know as of now.

I have sent a message to the guy that Omaha knows via Instagram and am waiting for a follow-up.

This is one I haven't heard before in my admittedly short time around CL and the Boards.  Going to be interesting to see where your money ended up - I assume it's with the original CL seller who may have sold his or her last comic book on CL.

On 7/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This is one I haven't heard before in my admittedly short time around CL and the Boards.  Going to be interesting to see where your money ended up - I assume it's with the original CL seller who may have sold his or her last comic book on CL.

Yeah.  With CL, I think you will get your money back no matter what.  But still very annoying.  

On 7/6/2022 at 10:51 AM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah.  With CL, I think you will get your money back no matter what.  But still very annoying.  

I've had a couple of glitchy financial things on my end that they dealt with very well.  Have also had no problems ordering Exchange books, including adding them to an existing Auction win book to save on shipping.  My experience is that they have their act together and the OP will be made whole.

On 7/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've had a couple of glitchy financial things on my end that they dealt with very well.  Have also had no problems ordering Exchange books, including adding them to an existing Auction win book to save on shipping.  My experience is that they have their act together and the OP will be made whole.

Agreed.

Sounds like the original seller may have listed the book and then traded it to this new owner for something else and then never followed up with CL.  Anyway, this is why you buy big books through a trusted intermediary.... imagine the hell dealing with a person who cashes 8k and then drops all communication.