• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone give me an opinion on this?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello I was wondering if anyone could let me know if $355 was is worth for this ff2, fairly new to the whole value aspect of these comics and just wanted to fill in the empty gaps in my collection. Any opinion good or bad will help🙏

AC893FD7-D86C-4A3C-A2A1-338A0317473E.jpeg

3846AA16-D538-4FC2-9249-7FED3EF73F43.jpeg

I don't know, that looks like it could fall apart if you touch it. Are all the pages and centerfold included?

Guess you could wrap it with a facsimile repo cover and have a placeholder.

The price is fairly close to GPA for a 0.5 / Incomplete

image.thumb.png.9341d9a960b081dde03bd2edefedf8a6.png

-bc

This advice is worth what you paid me for it, but I would only buy this if it's absolutely the best copy you can afford and you don't see any chance of having the $$ available for a higher grade copy anytime soon.  I face this kind of choice frequently on higher grade books (like 6.0-8.0), and more and more often I'm waiting for a better book.

It does not appear to be the complete interior.  There is an ad page at the back missing. 

The "Test your talent!" page shown below is NOT the inside of the back cover, but an inner ad page.  "Learn Radio-Television Electronics" ad is on the inside of the back cover.

FF2.thumb.JPG.084d32ad6f9f6f26fac0bdb81ace7757.JPG

The condition, as mentioned earlier is also a concern.  I would put the money toward upgrading another comic. 

Like if you found a better copy of something in your collection offered for $800, and you knew you could sell your lesser copy for $450.  That would seem to me to be a better use of $350.

Welcome To The Boards And The Hobby!!!

Without sounding like a cliché..."A collectible is only worth what a collector is willing to pay for it."

I looked at eBay sold auctions and saw your win on this book (Congrats), others were bidding just as high as you did so someone besides you thought the book was worth it. (15 bids/10 bidders) 

NOTE: On June 28 the seller corrected the listing to read that the book is incomplete, the rear ad page was missing but the story is complete, the auction ended on July 4.

As far as value, you stated that you bought this book to "fill in gaps in your collection".

I have always had to collect on a budget and my goal was to complete runs so I have numerous PR 0.5 - FR 1.0 books in my collection, some with covers that are almost unreadable, I also have 13 remaindered copies in my collection (2000 books) and a Sad Sack #1 (1949) that is coverless.

Remainders - Comic books that "remain" unsold at the newsstand. In the past the top 1/4 to 1/3 of the cover (or in some cases the entire cover) was removed and returned to the publisher for credit. This practice is the reason many comics from 1936-1965 are sometimes found as coverless copies or 3/4 cover copies.

Yes, things have changed and prices have soared since I was still actively buying books (1979-2009), so, if you are collecting on a budget and looking to fill gaps/complete runs and you are happy with the book(s) you purchased then you did well, if you are unhappy with the book and you are having buyers remorse, unfortunately that is all too common.

My advice would be to, read the book (carefully), when done, carefully place the book in a Silver Age Mylite with an Acid Free Backing Board and store in the Proper Environmental Conditions, if you are like I was, you will not even look back on this purchase and move on to the next one, if sometime in the future a better copy comes along at the right price and you feel the need, then go for it, but, as of right now you own a copy of F.F. #2, ENJOY!!!

Adding a repo cover will help to protect the coverless book itself if that is a concern.

I would add that a five year wait for the copy that fits your needs is not too unreasonable. I purchased 2 books last year that were on my radar for at least 6 years. If you do decide to upgrade I would suggest you make a repro cover to go with the book. I did that for a copy of Showcase #30, that I had a few years ago, and sold it for more than what I paid for the book.