• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC damaged my card while grading?
2 2

2 posts in this topic

Is there anything I could do about CGC seeming to have damaged a card I sent in for grading? The card did not have a noticeable whitening spot on the bottom right corner of the back before I had sent it in but now shows it in the scans. I’m assuming this damage is the reason for why it got docked points on the corners subgrade. Am I just stuck with having to deal with the fact it seems like a grader kept picking at the corner? 

(second photo is CGC scan and first photo is before I sent it off to grade)56163F9D-64A3-4936-A881-F2EE86585F6C.thumb.jpeg.4c7190bfede6cf54ff0bc28a28919fec.jpegA055EAEC-F986-4EB2-828F-3FA79AE1D06F.thumb.jpeg.05fcf2e254c6295ebfff99c3f3d0346b.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello

If the graders noted the damage, then it happened before CGC received it. The cards are not removed from their sleeves until they get to the graders. Additionally, the graders would not be "picking" at the card. Lastly, we do see what appears to be some damage in the same location on your photos, just not as pronounced. It might just be that the damage was exacerbated in shipping to CGC. 

Mike