• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest graded copy of 2000 AD Prog #2 CGC 9.0!!! First Judge Dredd!!!
4 4

64 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2022 at 3:06 PM, batmiesta said:

What grade were you anticipating to come back? 

I bought my 2000 AD #2 as a raw NM in 2017 which at the time CGC wasn't grading mags. I was hoping for at least an 8.0, but since we all know raw grading is subjective I was very happy with a 9.0.:headbang: 

I also believe it's even more difficult to grade newspaper covers like 2000 AD's have IMO.hm

On 7/16/2022 at 3:26 PM, Bart Allen said:

OH MY, since when did CGC grade 2000AD?!

Wait, does this mean they'd grade my Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes C-55?

I believe they started last year or early this year for the 2000 AD's. Even longer probably depending on how long they've been grading magazines.

On 7/15/2022 at 1:02 AM, jaja-mon12 said:

Hey All :cool:,

I just wanted to share this highest graded copy on the CGC census (1 other copy as well) of one of the most iconic cult figures in the past 40+ years!!! 'The Dude with the 'tude!!! I got this back a few weeks ago. Enjoy my friends!!!:wink:

EC19A962-85B7-4A12-B322-1B2B7F5FF211.jpeg

5C67D749-EEED-498C-817E-A543979A7A72.jpeg

That's a beauty.

Dropping mine off at CGC this Thursday. Its a nice copy, but the grade is anyones guess......

IMG_9950.jpeg

IMG_9953.jpeg

On 8/22/2022 at 7:13 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

That's a beauty.

Dropping mine off at CGC this Thursday. Its a nice copy, but the grade is anyones guess......

IMG_9950.jpeg

IMG_9953.jpeg

Thanks my friend! I sure hate to sell it but I need the loot for home improvement projects.

Your copy looks great and should come back with a nice grade.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:56 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

Good luck!!!!

A CGC 6.5 went for $4,600 in a ComicLink auction yesterday 

Thanks buddy!

That's way less than the one on HA 2 months that sold for $11,400 with the buyer's premium. Probably not as visible as the HA since that CGC 6.5 one was in the last Signature Auction.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, jaja-mon12 said:

Thanks buddy!

That's way less than the one on HA 2 months that sold for $11,400 with the buyer's premium. Probably not as visible as the HA since that CGC 6.5 one was in the last Signature Auction.

Saw that. Less than 50% of the HA price. Good luck with the 9.0 sale. That is a very, very rare comic at that grade.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

Saw that. Less than 50% of the HA price. Good luck with the 9.0 sale. That is a very, very rare comic at that grade.

Yes it is and I believe it's the same book⁉️ So unless the owner was very impatient to wait for another Signature Auction or needed the money yesterday, why take such a loss!????:facepalm:

Thanks my friend. I didn't want to sell it honestly, but what is the likelihood it'll stay at the top of CGC census for much longer?hm(shrug)

Will let you know how grading on mine goes. It's with CCS now. Never easy to predict these UK comics. I got a Captain Britain back as a 9.8. I was very surprised. But paper quality is so different to the standard. 

Good luck and I hope you get a great price!

On 8/31/2022 at 12:46 AM, jaja-mon12 said:

Yes it is and doing quite well for now! Hopefully, it'll set a new precedent for 2000 AD #2's!:wishluck::wink:

$22, 800 ^^ Did most of the bidding occur at the end? I have 15 books on Heritage now (all 9.8's), they finish Sunday and they are not exactly setting the world on fire, so should I count on mass Sunday bidding? Or should my bum be twitching as it is now? :eek:

Edited by batmiesta