• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest graded copy of 2000 AD Prog #2 CGC 9.0!!! First Judge Dredd!!!
4 4

64 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 6:08 PM, batmiesta said:

$22, 800 ^^ Did most of the bidding occur at the end? I have 15 books on Heritage now (all 9.8's), they finish Sunday and they are not exactly setting the world on fire, so should I count on mass Sunday bidding? Or should my bum be twitching as it is now? :eek:

I think it was around $14000 before live bidding.

The Vamp 3 was at $3800- went to $7800 during live bidding 

On 9/8/2022 at 12:03 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

Will let you know how grading on mine goes. It's with CCS now. Never easy to predict these UK comics. I got a Captain Britain back as a 9.8. I was very surprised. But paper quality is so different to the standard. 

Good luck and I hope you get a great price!

Cool! It'll be nice to see more of these get graded and come up for sale/trade!

Thanks!

On 9/8/2022 at 6:08 PM, batmiesta said:

$22, 800 ^^ Did most of the bidding occur at the end? I have 15 books on Heritage now (all 9.8's), they finish Sunday and they are not exactly setting the world on fire, so should I count on mass Sunday bidding? Or should my bum be twitching as it is now? :eek:

Not bad for a book I paid $900 for in 2017!:wink:

Edited by jaja-mon12
Content update

On 9/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, Gregd said:

Congrats! It’s what we all dream of doing 

Yeah, thru the years I've sold a few of my comic books similar to what I paid for this one.

Prime example: I bought a raw IH #181 VF/NM in 1998 for $250 and had it cleaned/pressed/graded. It came back a CGC 9.2 and in 2018, I sold it for $6,500!:wink:

I'm a fan of Judge Dredd, but not a HUGE FAN like some, so here's my question:

Is it just the current dynamics of the genre market or is Judge Dredd that popular a character that my 2000 AD #2 CGC 9.0 could command such a price?hm

I mean I was kinda shocked by the June final hammer for the CGC 6.5 of $11,400 on HA! So what's the real scoop?:whatthe:

On 11/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

Back from CGC. 

BA6BCD52-1EDD-416E-BB11-3F91FE2FC695.jpeg

31197919-0F03-488A-BA0B-347202CEF00B.jpeg

Congrats my friend!!!^^ I'm happy for ya!!! Hopefully this will lure some more hg copies out into the open and submit for CGC grading! Truly rare key issue for sure!hm(thumbsu