• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention 2023 ( CalComicCon )
4 4

146 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, a few friendly reminders-

Preview Night Comic Swap 

There are still a few spots left for the Sat evening Preview Night Comic Swap! Each 6' table is shared between two people, so one spot = 3' of table space. This can fit 3 short boxes side-by-side. $40 to reserve table space. Just DM me or email me at gene at shortboxed dot com to reserve a spot. You don't have to get table space to attend, but if you want to attend both Preview Night and the Main Event, you need to purchase a ticket for both. 

Hotel Rooms

Hotel rooms at the discounted convention rate are selling out quick. Fri and Sat night only have about a dozen left, and Sun night only a handful. We'll try to add more rooms at the discounted rate, but not guaranteed. 

Tickets and hotel booking link are available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cal-comic-con-2023-tickets-394110915357 

CGC Submissions

Desert Wind, an authorized CGC rep, will be taking submissions onsite as well as witnessing signatures from special guests.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, shortboxed said:

CGC Submissions

Desert Wind, an authorized CGC rep, will be taking submissions onsite as well as witnessing signatures from special guests.

Hey Gene, just want to clarify: the ticket website indicates CGC will be there on Preview Night and the Main Event.

image.thumb.png.c2a41db39f40053e78428889d3fcf3a2.png

Is this the case, or is it just that Desert Wind will be there handling CGC submissions as a witness/facilitator? I was hoping to do a drop-off submission directly to CGC like the last show. Thanks in advance!

On 12/20/2022 at 11:15 AM, Aarrow108 said:

Hey Gene, just want to clarify: the ticket website indicates CGC will be there on Preview Night and the Main Event.

image.thumb.png.c2a41db39f40053e78428889d3fcf3a2.png

Is this the case, or is it just that Desert Wind will be there handling CGC submissions as a witness/facilitator? I was hoping to do a drop-off submission directly to CGC like the last show. Thanks in advance!

CGC was scheduled to be at the CalComicCon but they have told the show that they no longer have enough staff to do shows.

They acknowledged that CalComicCon was one of their best one day of submissions for many years.

On 12/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, TerrysComics said:

CGC was scheduled to be at the CalComicCon but they have told the show that they no longer have enough staff to do shows.

They acknowledged that CalComicCon was one of their best one day of submissions for many years.

Thanks for the confirmation, Terry. While their absence is a bummer/inconvenience, doesn’t take away from the quality of the show. Appreciate the info!

On 12/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Thanks for the confirmation, Terry. While their absence is a bummer/inconvenience, doesn’t take away from the quality of the show. Appreciate the info!

Desert Wind says they will only charge $1 above CGC prices for submissions through them.

We're four weeks away!

If you haven't bought your tickets yet, I highly recommend doing so as there will be a long line to get in for those who are buying tickets at the door. If you purchase your tickets ahead of time, there will be a separate line for you.

Also, if anyone still wants a $40 3' table space for Preview Night, email me at gene at shortboxed.com. We have a few spots left. 

-Gene