• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #1 or X-Men #1
3 3

ASM #1 or X-Men #1  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you buy all things being equal (grade, page quality..etc.)?

• ASM #1
    • X-Men #1

43 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, ft88 said:

Old school dealers have a bias towards “historical” books over hot character based books 

Spiderman way hotter than non Bronze X-men characters. Too many break points for X-Men collectors  where they don’t go into SA. Plus X-men SA line  1-66 is nowhere near ASM 1-50ish. 

compare ASM 2 vs X-men 2 and that’s a compatible 

ASM 2 :sumo:

On 7/31/2022 at 5:18 PM, Professor K said:

I didn't know any of that. I follow sales but the memory fades with all the nice books we've seen these past few years. There is a 9.0 up now on HA as I'm sure you know, and yeah can't wait to see what the upcoming 9.2 goes for. If I had to guess I think I'd go the other way and say around 250K. But who knows. 

I have a 9.2 GSX 1 coming to Comiclink on their next auction along with a 9.4 X-Men 101 and and a 8.5 49. Hoping to use the funds to finance a 4.0 X-Men 1 by years end. I wish I hadn't waited on that one. 

When it comes to ASM 1 and X-Men 1 in similar grades I think the phrase "collect what you like" is very fitting. "Get Both" even more so :peace:.

I’m still relatively new to the comic book hobby, but I agree that “both” would be ideal! When I first jumped in I was not taken by Spider-Man. Fantastic Four, anything Hulk and X Men were more my speed, initially. But after tracking sales and watching the Spider-Man wave…. I’m all in. With a gun to my head it’s ASM 1 over X-Men 1.