• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long can a facilitator hold onto a book before submitting...

4 posts in this topic

How long can a facilitator hold onto a book, to add signatures from multiple cons, before they submit the book to CGC?

I know there is a time limit...I am not finding it in a CGC search...but I know there is a time limit!  If someone knows, would appreciate knowing myself. 

I don’t know if there is a publicly known hard and fast rule.  It might to some extent depend on the facilitator and/or their relationship to Cgc. 

if you have something specific in mind, it makes more sense to contact the specific facilitator and ask if they can accommodate.

if they’re not responsive or don’t have a definitive answer, then probably not worth trying.

I know there use to be a hard set date of 2 weeks at one point you could hold onto a book, but that was extended years ago...I believe to 2 months maybe.  I do know for a fact there was a hard deadline set by CGC...is there still though?

On 7/18/2022 at 9:13 AM, IceHole said:

I know there use to be a hard set date of 2 weeks at one point you could hold onto a book, but that was extended years ago...I believe to 2 months maybe.  I do know for a fact there was a hard deadline set by CGC...is there still though?

If that's the case, you could probably consider calling CGC customer service and asking.

But even then, not every facilitator will hold it for the max time in every situation.  So still makes sense to check directly if you're considering a specific op.