• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 tatooz
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, divad said:

I guess the 5 or 6 copies of each I had were "outliers" (just like my high sales prices):roflmao:

It seems pretty unlikely that you had that many copies and not one of the inserts was attached by a staple. Can you give me some lottery numbers? :shiftyeyes:

On 7/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, Lazyboy said:

It seems pretty unlikely that you had that many copies and not one of the inserts was attached by a staple. Can you give me some lottery numbers? :shiftyeyes:

Forgive me, I may have been exaggerating :) However, it (is/was/may have been) very easy to exchange the tatooz envelope between the two without any obvious detection, and I imagine this kind of thing was done rather routinely. (it's not like it was microtrimming fergawdsake.)

So...can CGC catch the reloaded 238s or no? 

(shrug)

Because if they can't I'll prob just buy a higher grade without the tatz.

You can get a 9.4 - 9.6 without tatz or a 9.0 - 9.2 with tatz for almost the same price.

And no I don't have the drive, time or energy to try and scam the system.

I'm getting too :preach:

On 7/24/2022 at 8:17 PM, lostboys said:

So...can CGC catch the reloaded 238s or no? 

(shrug)

Because if they can't I'll prob just buy a higher grade without the tatz.

You can get a 9.4 - 9.6 without tatz or a 9.0 - 9.2 with tatz for almost the same price.

And no I don't have the drive, time or energy to try and scam the system.

I'm getting too :preach:

I would say no, only because if you're buying a book that has already been graded by them, it's in their database already. But raw books (or other graders' books are another matter.) And they have just flagged your account to be on the lookout . . . :shiftyeyes:

Edited by divad

On 7/25/2022 at 2:17 AM, divad said:

I would say no, only because if you're buying a book that has already been graded by them, it's in their database already. But raw books (or other graders' books are another matter.) And they have just flagged your account to be on the lookout . . . :shiftyeyes:

If you buy a CGC graded book and crack it out of the slab, it becomes a raw book.  The label is in their database, and you are supposed to return labels of cracked slabs, but CGC has no way of tracking a comic that has been graded and later cracked out.

They're not putting RFID tags inside the comics.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, divad said:

CGC graded books are microchiped or branded.:nyah:

On 7/24/2022 at 11:31 PM, Lightning55 said:

If you buy a CGC graded book and crack it out of the slab, it becomes a raw book.  The label is in their database, and you are supposed to return labels of cracked slabs, but CGC has no way of tracking a comic that has been graded and later cracked out.

They're not putting RFID tags inside the comics.

They have scans, which are often enough, and memories to boot. :whistle:

In 2021 PSA purchased a firm for certain tech processes and patents that will allow them to identify re-submits.  They claim the prime reason is to detect cards cracked out that have then been trimmed and re-subbed thus impeding the PWCC w/Gary "Scissor Hands" Moser business model, as those in the know, know

Not sure CGC needs to allocate coin on something like that just for ASM 238?  Given how stingy Blackrock is it certainly won't happen. Perhaps for true cred; CGC just stop assigning blue-labels to the cover less+ missing pages Master of the Universe preview's or even better start up an actual team performing Q/C again.

Edited by MAR1979