• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Fantastic Four #181 a top 5 valuable Fantastic Four comicbook?
1 1

55 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, steveinthecity said:

In defense of the OP’s position, there is some precedence here as we all know the cover of silver age FF #12 is valuable because the Thing and Hulk both only have three toes on each foot.  :shiftyeyes:

I await YOUR HUMBLE APOLOGIES from everyone on this site that called me a troll. (I'll probably be waiting a long time...)

SteveInTheCity is 1000% correct.

MileHighComics has Fantastic Four #12 at:

Fair = $ 4350

Good = $8700

Very Good = $17,400

Fine = $24,469

Could it be that the great and illustrious John Carter 1912... is ahead of the curve BIG TIME... on Fantastic Four #181???

Also, you guys... don't forget... my book that I posted in original post... is a WHITMAN VARIANT... in high-grade... but please... do tell me again about how my comic is not rare... please.

(Mortal Kombat voice: "FLAWLESS VICTORY!")

fantastic_four_12.jpg

fantastic_four_12b.jpg

It's as common as an ear of corn in Iowa.  The only curve you are ahead of is the curve downward. 

If you have this comic, and you are hyping it to try to raise awareness and value, at least you are accomplishing the former.

Fantastic Four 12 is a valuable comic in its own right, toe counting being incidental.  Especially valuable if you own Mile High Prices, er...I mean Mile High Comics.  Not sure what the prices at different conditions have to do the premise.  They don't aid or hinder the argument.

Your writing style is familiar.  Off the meds again with a new identity?

On 7/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, JohnCarter1912 said:

I await YOUR HUMBLE APOLOGIES from everyone on this site that called me a troll. (I'll probably be waiting a long time...)

SteveInTheCity is 1000% correct.

MileHighComics has Fantastic Four #12 at:

Fair = $ 4350

Good = $8700

Very Good = $17,400

Fine = $24,469

Could it be that the great and illustrious John Carter 1912... is ahead of the curve BIG TIME... on Fantastic Four #181???

Also, you guys... don't forget... my book that I posted in original post... is a WHITMAN VARIANT... in high-grade... but please... do tell me again about how my comic is not rare... please.

(Mortal Kombat voice: "FLAWLESS VICTORY!")

fantastic_four_12.jpg

fantastic_four_12b.jpg

I want whatever it is they're smoking at Mile High.  I'd be willing to sell my entire collection to them for half that so they can turn around and double their money.

On 7/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, ExNihilo said:

I want whatever it is they're smoking at Mile High.  I'd be willing to sell my entire collection to them for half that so they can turn around and double their money.

I hadn’t looked at MH’s site in ages, but just looked up FF #181.  Interestingly(?) looking at the surrounding issues from #170 to #184 in “very good”, Chuck has the Five Fingered Thing cover priced lower than the others.  Guess not everyone’s been clued in yet. :D

Edited by steveinthecity
Punctuation

On 7/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, steveinthecity said:

I hadn’t looked at MH’s site in ages, but just looked up FF #181.  Interestingly(?) looking at the surrounding issues from #170 to #184 in “very good” Chuck has the Five Fingered Thing cover priced lower than the others.  Guess not everyone’s been clued in yet. :D

Somebody has snatched up all the high-grade copies of FF #181 off MCS.

On 7/22/2022 at 3:45 PM, steveinthecity said:

I think I’m going to change my collecting focus from coverless comics to anatomy errors instead.

You can buy mine :shiftyeyes: but I don't think charging double for one wrong hand is right. All five fingers are wrong :idea: I'm asking 5x FMV.

Spoiler

I'm not really selling mine :sorry:

I'm looking for other issues of Giant-Size Incredidle Hulk if anyone has them.  They're very rare - I can't even find a reference to GS Incredidle Hulk #1 or any other issue anywhere or even for sale on the various comic sites.  Any help appreciated.  

GSIH1 - mistake.jpg

On 7/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, JohnCarter1912 said:

Hi Adamantium.

I mean because its the only comic book cover ever... where "THE THING" has more than 4 fingers!

Hmmm... the Thing with more than 4 fingers, or the Torch with more than one left hand.  Which to choose...? :baiting:FF3.png.ebf836c5d91ac67d1ebd54a79bf02681.png

On 7/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, 1950's war comics said:

reminds me of this cover with the word hornhead misspelled 

Daredevil (1964) #131

Yes, and that's why it's a Daredevil KEY book. Certainly had nothing to do with a major villain's first comic appearance.  Or did it....?  We'll have to take a poll.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, steveinthecity said:

I hadn’t looked at MH’s site in ages, but just looked up FF #181.  Interestingly(?) looking at the surrounding issues from #170 to #184 in “very good”, Chuck has the Five Fingered Thing cover priced lower than the others.  Guess not everyone’s been clued in yet. :D

Do you hear something?  That's the sound of opportunity knocking!