• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Forbidden COllection?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/tales-of-suspense-46-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7279-207010.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

theres a nice batch of Silver high grade marvels in the Sept heritage 2022 auction with a sticker marking them as from the "forbidden collection"

anyone got intel about this collection?

Maybe the collector was forbidden to read comics by his parents. This was the case when I was a kid. There was kid like that in my neighborhood. He kept his box of comics in our toy closet along with me and my brother’s books. Was great because we could read his books anytime we wanted. 

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 AM, Qalyar said:

Still around, since 1981.

I was there last month. A big store with long lines of buyers buying comic related stuff when I was there, but no back issues. Really more of a book store with comics and toys.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 7/30/2022 at 5:47 PM, sfcityduck said:

I was there last month. A big store with long lines of buyers buying comic related stuff when I was there, but no back issues. Really more of a book store with comics and toys.

Has this become the norm for most comic shops in the last decade? Do many comic shops in the USA still have a good selection of back issues? I'm from Australia and the ones I used to patronise really only carried new issues, graphic novels and more other comic related product like toys etc.....and this was the case since the early 90's☹️