• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Cooling down . . .
1 1

104 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If he was smart he jumped shipped as it began to plummet back to earth. 

IMHO anyone who purchased it at 9K was not smart in the first place.  Chances are though someone that oblivious still thinks their specific copy is an exception and has actually appreciated in value :grin:

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/18/2022 at 7:43 AM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO anyone who purchased it at 9K was not smart in the first place.  Chances are though someone that oblivious still thinks their specific copy is an exception as has actually appreciated in value :grin:

Paying 9k....and then the music stops :tonofbricks:

I’ll admit, the run up was exciting to watch.  Every sale crushing the last.  Never seen anything like that before....

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 11/18/2022 at 8:50 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Paying 9k....and then the music stops :tonofbricks:

I’ll admit, the run up was exciting to watch.  Every sale crushing the last.  Never seen anything like that before....

9k. I could have purchased ... ... ... well, so many other things for 9k. :flipbait:

On 11/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Most recent sale for 9.8 blue, white pages = $3.6K 😳

Prediction for low of the 9.8w direct sales in the next 6 months? 

My guess is 2.6-2.9K given supply/population level seems about right. It will get to 5K average again but that will likley be 10+ years out as another movie ain't going to cut it this time for anything more than a tiny bump/blip

Due to VAST supply 9.4 and lower direct sales copies will take a real good beating over the next year or more. Those who paid $1200+ for a 9.4 or near $1000 for a 9.2 may want to divest before they hemorrhage out. My guess is a 9.2 direct sales in 6-8 months will breach $400 downwards threshold and that buyers will be able to pick up 9.4 direct sales for less than the current 9.2 going rate.

Make note I am not referring to newsstands in this post. While logic would dictate a matching liner path in percentage downward, newsstand purchase prices at least to me seem illogical at times.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/23/2022 at 12:14 PM, MAR1979 said:

Prediction for low of the 9.8w direct sales in the next 6 months? 

My guess is 2.6-2.9K given supply/population level seems about right. It will get to 5K average again but that will likley be 10+ years out as another movie ain't going to cut it this time for anything more than a tiny bump/blip

Due to VAST supply 9.4 and lower direct sales copies will take a real good beating over the next year or more. Those who paid $1200+ for a 9.4 or near $1000 for a 9.2 may want to divest before they hemorrhage out. My guess is a 9.2 direct sales in 6-8 months will breach $400 downwards threshold and that buyers will be able to pick up 9.4 direct sales for less than the current 9.2 going rate.

Make note I am not referring to newsstands in this post. While logic would dictate a matching liner path in percentage downward, newsstand purchase prices at least to me seem illogical at times.

Jan/Feb are historically the lowest price point months so we’ll see if it falls below $3K for a 9.8 Blue with white pages

On 11/23/2022 at 1:58 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Jan/Feb are historically the lowest price point months so we’ll see if it falls below $3K for a 9.8 Blue with white pages

I think sales will just slow to a crawl as sellers refuse to take that loss.  Then someone will inevitably argue that 9.8s are “no longer available “, and that supply is waning. :insane:

On 11/23/2022 at 2:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I think sales will just slow to a crawl as sellers refuse to take that loss.  Then someone will inevitably argue that 9.8s are “no longer available “, and that supply is waning. :insane:

You never know.  I’ve been collecting long enough to see some very odd self-fulfilling prophesies come true

On 11/4/2022 at 4:24 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

clink is not a good venue for selling this book presently.

I would tend to agree with you here, as CL is really the home for the speculators and CGC label chasers.  hm

And as such, probably the best place to be when it comes to selling readily available highest graded copies of so-called hot books in a rising market, but when the market is heading downwards the other way, all of the speculators (i.e. your potential buyers) are all rushing for the exit doors as fast as their little feet can take them.  :(

On 11/23/2022 at 9:14 AM, MAR1979 said:

Being a longer term type of comic book collector, I certainly wouldn't want to be buying into a book whereby it's valuation is based upon movie speculation because we all know how the story ends on those types of books if you can't master the FIFO (i.e. first in, first out) timing strategy adeptly enough and end up buying in too late and then holding on for too long.  :tonofbricks:  :cry:

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, lou_fine said:

I would tend to agree with you here, as CL is really the home for the speculators and CGC label chasers.  hm

And as such, probably the best place to be when it comes to selling readily available highest graded copies of so-called hot books in a rising market, but when the market is heading downwards the other way, all of the speculators (i.e. your potential buyers) are all rushing for the exit doors as fast as their little feet can take them.  :(

Little feet also means tiny little you know what.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:00 PM, MAR1979 said:

Little feet hands also means tiny little you know what.

A word of warning to you here from personal experience..................you will be sent to the CGC sin bin to have these kinds of thoughts removed from your mind if you continue to bring politics into your posts on these boards here.  (tsk)  lol