• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 on ebay. Grading ????

45 posts in this topic

Something a bit different, I thought. This is Item # 2171040985. If anyone could get the scan on this post, please.

What's strange, is seller apparantly bought it as a Fine, he's advertising it as a VG, and it shows as a Good, or maybe even a Good-. Now, how he thought this Good/Good- could be a Fine when he bought it is beyond me.

What's everyone else think.

Let's grade this low-grade. It'll be fun.

Uh, but we do need a pic. Anyone? crazy.gifgrin.gif

Hard to really tell for sure...but a G+ might not be too far of a stretch...I would however be concerned about the page quality since I have a feeling that they would be somewhat brittle, and if that were true I would drop it down to G at best...

Guys, the seller said (in his description) he bought this book believing it to be a Fine. Also, he's suggesting it's a VG because he doesn't want to overgrade the book. (Ummm, do you guys really think that he thought this was a fine when he bought it? Or, is it that he really doesn't have a clue.)

It's the accumulation of the defects that bring this down to a Good.

VG - average used comic book - I consider this below average.

-can have MODERATE creases or dimples - this book has major creases

-SOME discoloration fading and MINOR soiling allowed - this book has major

discoloration and major soiling.

Good: shows substantial wear I am thinking this one does.

cover reflectivity is low and in some places completely absent - Yes

Hope this helps, I don't believe this is under-grading at all. But if you disagree, that's ok. grin.gif

Just tell my why. mad.gif

Well I'm glad I have your permission to disagree wink.gif Because I do mad.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Seriously, though, taking a better look at it, I would call it a gvg. Have you seen some of the [!@#%^&^] that gets a 2.0 or a 2.5 from cgc? smirk.gifgrin.gifooo.gif

Hmm... the more I look at this book, the more I agree it is NOT a vg-. Still say gvg or g+ at the ABSOLUTE worst, though.

If you buy the book and submit, care you a wager on the grade?

What you have to ask yourself is this: "would this particular copy satisfy my desire to own a FF #1?" If so, "what am I willing to spend to satisfy that desire?".If not, walk away and save your money for a better copy.

I'm late to the action on this one, but this FF1 is definitely a Good copy. The wear on the spine and lower half take it out of the VG range. If it just had the spine wear and general wear on the cover, I'd go up to the VG range.