• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 on ebay. Grading ????

45 posts in this topic

Even if ChristopherH is a Canuck, $1,500 Cdn is about $1,050 US. Sounds like too much to pay for a FF #2 unless it has no chips & pure white pgs.

Since the pic of FF #1 seems to have no chips on right edge of front cover, I will grant it a realistic shocked.gif cgc 2.0.

No need to discuss this any further, go to the heritage website and look up past auctions Lot: 17385, its that exact copy in CGC GD/VG 3.0. See the black dots in the top left, the tear at the bottom of the page. Funny though, it looks a lot brighter now it has been taken out of the case, must have a bright scanner! grin.gif

Another fraud!

Not sure how this can be considered "fraud"? Unless you can prove the seller never bought it as a "FN," which seems impossible without serious sleuthing.

Underhanded? Yes. Desperate? Quite probably. But not fraud. If you get a comic graded by CGC and you disagree with the grade, and you remove the comic from the casing and sell it online, with your own grade assigned, that's not fraud, at least not in the strictest sense. CGC is not the be-all end-all of grading. It's only a "qualified opinion of the grade."

Before seeing the post about this "ex-slabbed" book, I was leaning toward VG- or thereabouts. The upper edge of the books looks problematic to me, but the scan's so light I can't tell if there's chipping going on there or not.

Here's the solution: buy the book now as an "approximate VG," wait 20 years, and submit it for slabbing. Knowing how forgiving CGC is on "older" books, this one would definitely garner a VG/VG+ by then, maybe even FN wink.gif

Garthgantu

Zillatoy and Bronty, good call. But hey, I caved at least and went up to G/VG at best. Some good graders on these posts, and these lower grades can be tough. Thanks for all the input. I'm sure we've all learned something new, I know I have. Still wondering how high it will go.

As far as fraud, I don't think so. He did offer a large scan so people do know what they are bidding on. I started this whole thing because I didn't really believe the seller thought it was a Fine when he bought it.

If he did buy the comic CGC'd, which is very possible, then he obviously is trying to find a sucker to go past $1263.00 which is what this comic guides for. Be interesting to see what it sells for.