• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really Cool Comic Con 2022 - August 6 & 7 - Flint MI - DORT Financial Center

17 posts in this topic

This is kind of a "pop culture con" but for whatever reason despite the trinkets and plush swords that make there way into these shows, the comics have been VERY strong the past couple times I've attended. 

This was a very nice one day show that has grown quite a bit with a venue change to a MUCH larger venue last year, and now they are moving to two days for the first time.  This was a great buying con for me previously, last year I scored some gorgeous Marvel keys from an OO collection that was just set up there selling his childhood 60s/70s marvels.  I got another great score from an OO selling his Batman books last year.  A lot of them were mid grade at best but I was able to score a really nice Batman 232 (Don't you love it when the big key is the nicest one? Although there was no 227 or it sold before I got there. :sorry:)   I'm not sure how many of those type of people will still be here with it getting larger, but what sets this apart from other cons in Michigan is that dealer booths are MUCH cheaper so there might be a few of them still popping up.

I'm friends with the promoter, really good dude, so I told him I would put an ad up here and drop off flyers at the LCS in my area.  If any boardies are going let me know as I would love to see some familiar online faces :foryou:

https://www.reallycoolcomiccon.com/

DORT FINANCIAL CENTER
3501 LAPEER ROAD FLINT, MI 48503

SATURDAY 
AUGUST 6, 2022
GENERAL ADMISSION 9AM - 6PM

SUNDAY 
AUGUST 7, 2022
GENERAL ADMISSION 10AM - 4PM

This ended up being a VERY nice 2 day show.  It had only been a 1 day show in the past so I wasn't sure what to make of it being 2 days for the first time but there were a lot of good comic AND toy dealers there.  I was able to score some nice buys and attendance seemed strong.  I would guess 4-5K.  Both the comic and toy dealers seemed to be happy.  

Also, next year the show is DOUBLING in size as they are renting out both sides of the DORT Financial arena (It is a hockey arena with 2 spaces) so it might be even better.  Tagging @1Cool @Motor City Rob  and @catrick339 for awareness. (thumbsu