• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullet Train: Goes off the rails
1 1

21 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 1:04 PM, The Brain said:

It is funny, fast-paced, crisp banter/dialogue, funny inventive action 

sequences, with the last 30 minutes of the movie offering some 

of the coolest effects, I give it an 8 out of 10.

Seems to be a tribute to Quentin Tarantino by director David Leitch and producer(?) Antoine Fuqua. Stylish, colorful bloodbath, int'l cast of assassins, a ronin plus anime hero but too much banter for me. 6.5/10

Finally got around to watching it. Had lived in Japan for 10 years so found it hard to suspend disbelief. There's always a crowd of people on the platform and on bullet trains. Thousands would have died in the crash at the end and throughout the movie as collateral damage. Yeah it was fast paced and entertaining but just too much on the fantasy side. 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, media_junkie said:

It is on Netflix right now so I started to watch it.  I got twenty minutes or so in and wasn't really entertained so I turned it off.

Dang it, looked like a fun movie. I was planning on checking it out but I probably should finish Andor instead. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:04 PM, The Brain said:

Just got back from seeing this movie.

Forget all the negative BS that you have heard about this film.

It is funny, fast-paced, crisp banter/dialogue, funny inventive action 

sequences, with the last 30 minutes of the movie offering some 

of the coolest effects, I give it an 8 out of 10. Glad I went. 

I'll  check it out.  Heard the next James Bond is in it

On 9/1/2022 at 12:05 AM, aardvark88 said:

Seems to be a tribute to Quentin Tarantino by director David Leitch and producer(?) Antoine Fuqua. Stylish, colorful bloodbath, int'l cast of assassins, a ronin plus anime hero but too much banter for me. 6.5/10

It was fun!  

You definitely have to suspend your disbelief at bit, but perfectly enjoyable.  I agree it definitely appeared to be going for a Tarantino-ish vibe with the dialogue/pacing/violence.  So, your enjoyment may depend on your tolerance for those things.

this movie reminded me of "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch" ...where there is a ton of things going on and around the main character that isn't there fault.... just not as well done LOL... fun action movie~

On 12/16/2022 at 10:56 AM, jsilverjanet said:

it reminded me of Smokin Aces but on a train

Ah! That's the movie I was trying to remember! Yes. This is what I thought of to when I watched it. 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, media_junkie said:

It is on Netflix right now so I started to watch it.  I got twenty minutes or so in and wasn't really entertained so I turned it off.

So last weekend I'd thought I give it another go.  I don't know if I was spaced out or what the first time, but I was able to watch it all this time and over all it was a good movie.  Not great, but fun.

On 8/6/2023 at 8:47 PM, media_junkie said:

So last weekend I'd thought I give it another go.  I don't know if I was spaced out or what the first time, but I was able to watch it all this time and over all it was a good movie.  Not great, but fun.

Michael Shannon as the Russian villain made for a fun part of the story. At first when they showed him with shades I thought it was an Asian actor (which would have been odd based on the character).