• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Easy question for Captain America fans...What cover was this?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, Lazyboy said:

You mean the Wolverine 27 swipe, right?

Ya that's what I was going to say. It took me a minute to why the modern was in copper, but he must mean the copper age book wolverine since the cover is similar...

It was also a video game wolverine art for NES I believe as well.

I might have guessed closer to leifeld than Jim Lee, but idk the artists on the early wolvie, I know they weren't leifeld yet so rantrant

Either way it feels like the most action I've given the copper forum in years. I loved that video game cause my dad would laugh at the jack in the box machine gun baddies. Was nice to see him take an interest.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/4/2022 at 4:54 PM, Lightning55 said:

If it's the pose you are referring to, didn't they have  hasn't Jim Lee drawn EVERY character in that pose at one time or another over the years?

FTFY :whistle:

Edited by divad

Definitely the splash page to X-Men 268.

Those remastered editions usually reused art from comics or even trading card from the early 90's, basically from artists Marvel wouldn't be able to get any new work from today, like McFarlane and Jim Lee, but still wished to make money on from that same old art. This image was, ahem, remastered for trading cards, too, way back in 1991,  in both an X-Men-specific set and in a Jim Lee art-focused set, each from Comic Images.

cap2.jpg

cap.jpg

Edited by jdandns