• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should I do?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I got this comic back from CGC a few weeks ago and noticed some moisture or a strange air pocket right smack dab in the center of the case. I had hoped it would go away but it hasn’t. Can anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks.

70A079EA-C76C-4DA3-A16B-8EB495B490CB.jpeg

its a newton ring, contact cgc customer service, and ask them to reholder it.

Very generally, if you or anyone are unsatisfied with a service provided to you by a service provider, you can and should contact the customer service for that service provider and make a complaint and see if they can make it up to you or fix the issue.  Any answer given here would inevitably lead you to customer service regardless.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:45 AM, Comicpeeps said:

I got this comic back from CGC a few weeks ago and noticed some moisture or a strange air pocket right smack dab in the center of the case. I had hoped it would go away but it hasn’t. Can anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks.

70A079EA-C76C-4DA3-A16B-8EB495B490CB.jpeg

That appearance means that the inside plastic is touching the outside case. If you have a suction cup, you can attach it to the area and mess around with the separation by pulling gently on the suction cup in different ways in different places. You may eventually end up with a patch you're happier with or you may get it to go away. 

On 8/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, KirbyTown said:

That appearance means that the inside plastic is touching the outside case. If you have a suction cup, you can attach it to the area and mess around with the separation by pulling gently on the suction cup in different ways in different places. You may eventually end up with a patch you're happier with or you may get it to go away. 

yes the OP could do this but the right answer was given by revat

contact CGC customer service and let them know this is unacceptable to have passed their QC and have them send you a return label for a mechanical error reholder

unfortunately you will now have to wait longer to have your book back in a proper condition and also will risk the potential for damage shipping to and back from CGC once again

if those risks are too high you can try KirbyTown's advice 

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 8/5/2022 at 3:48 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

Isn't it past the 2 week time frame that MEs can be returned?

it very well could be ... didn't notice the OP said the book was received a few weeks ago

I would still start with customer "service" .... not all policies are written in stone (especially a policy that isn't so publicly stated) and if they deny it well then I guess the OP will have to reconsider if it is worth doing business with this company or not

On 8/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

Screenshot_20220805-165936_Chrome.thumb.jpg.67784bacc1509ddf11e7e4a02eade2d4.jpg

if your point was to validate that burying the info in a post in the Ask CGC sub-forum of their message board that I would venture to state a very small percentage of their customers use is "not so publicly stated" than thanks 

On 8/5/2022 at 4:41 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

I'd rather respond to what you originally wrote.

"Naw, it was about 50/50, you seemed unsure of the time frame and I wanted the OP to see an official posting about it".

what are you babbling on about?

I don't even know where that quote is from or what it is specific reference to .... don't bother answering ... you seem like someone better suited for the ignore list

That’s a nasty Newton Ring, especially if it has that oil-slick rainbow coloring to it.  You should be able to return it as a Mechanical for them to fix, but remember…they screwed it up in the first place, so….. (shrug)