• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Valiant (Valiant Entertainment) Going Out of Business ?
3 3

72 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 5:16 PM, musicmeta said:

That's too bad about Valiant.  I enjoyed the Valiant books when they came out in the 90's ...Well the pre-unity books a whole lot.   
I'll still hold onto my Harbinger 1, Solar 10, X-O 1 and a few others I have.  

I remember the phenomenon here in the UK. London Comic Marts went berserk as collectors realized that the early issues had low print runs. Everyone thought they were the next Marvel. I still have them after all these years.A near complete run of not-Marvel!:cry:

On 8/5/2022 at 12:32 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

I remember the phenomenon here in the UK. London Comic Marts went berserk as collectors realized that the early issues had low print runs. Everyone thought they were the next Marvel. I still have them after all these years.A near complete run of not-Marvel!:cry:

On 8/5/2022 at 12:37 PM, The Meta said:

Since I'm just getting into Valiant, this could be a boon for some hard to get books

Still they rather succeed in some way

Yes, nothing better than Harbinger 1.  I have 4 copies. Love them all. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:10 PM, WolverineX said:

Yes, nothing better than Harbinger 1.  I have 4 copies. Love them all. 

I also particularly liked Solar 1-10, and the early issues of XO-Manowar and Magnus Robotfighter. As I recall, it was the latter got me interested in Valiant in the first place, because I loved the Gold Key Russ Manning iteration. I thought they did a pretty good job with the continuation.

But after the first couple of years, a sort of blandness set in - maybe that was after Shooter left, I cant recall.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:14 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

I also particularly liked Solar 1-10, and the early issues of XO-Manowar and Magnus Robotfighter. As I recall, it was the latter got me interested in Valiant in the first place, because I loved the Gold Key Russ Manning iteration. I thought they did a pretty good job with the continuation.

But after the first couple of years, a sort of blandness set in - maybe that was after Shooter left, I cant recall.

Yes, Shooter recreated the magic from Marvel and his secret wars saga.  Preunity Valiant is the best.  I buy them cheap whenever I see them.  Love Rai 0 too.  Have like 20 copies.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, WolverineX said:

Preunity Valiant is the best.

Ah, yes of course. As I said, I have the comics, but I'd forgotten that. I do agree though. Must dig them out. I think I may be missing one or two of the zero numbered issues, cant remember which.

And Unity was driven by what happened in Solar...

Edited by Flex Mentallo

On 8/5/2022 at 1:33 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Ah, yes of course. As I said, I have the comics, but I'd forgotten that. I do agree though. Must dig them out. I think I may be missing one or two of the zero numbered issues, cant remember which.

And Unity was driven by what happened in Solar...

Yes, reread them. Still great stuff.  

On 8/5/2022 at 6:14 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Quality universe building under the aegis of Jim Shooter, then investors destroying the integrity of his efforts by focusing on churning out as much product as possible, without consideration for quality, to maximise profits while the goodwill developed in his pre-Unity days lasted.  

On 8/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Quality universe building under the aegis of Jim Shooter, then investors destroying the integrity of his efforts by focusing on churning out as much product as possible, without consideration for quality, to maximise profits while the goodwill developed in his pre-Unity days lasted.  

I remember hearing a podcast about this....Wasn't one of the original partners sleeping with one of the female partners in the VC firm backing up the original company and his betrayal screwed Shooter over?    Shakespearean type stuff back then.  

On 8/5/2022 at 7:01 PM, WolverineX said:

I remember hearing a podcast about this....Wasn't one of the original partners sleeping with one of the female partners in the VC firm backing up the original company and his betrayal screwed Shooter over?    Shakespearean type stuff back then.  

Wow -I'd never heard that.

On 8/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

I loved the idea of The Geomancers too, but they don't seem to be around in the current Valiant universe anymore.

I had to look this up.

AC/DC... 

On 8/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

I loved the idea of The Geomancers too, but they don't seem to be around in the current Valiant universe anymore.

The Geomancers are still around in the current Valiant universe.  In fact they are supposedly playing a large role in the Eternal Warrior hardcover kickstarter...

I backed it... I wonder if I am going to get it. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 2.30.06 PM.png

On 8/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, 40two30nine50six said:

Kinda like Swamp Thing, The Green, collective unconsciousness, and protecting Mother Earth. The Eternal Warrior was The Geomancer's weapon.

Wanna tell you a story...

Oh no, I know who the Geomancers are.  I've been following the exploits of Gilad Anni Padda since the beginning. 

I had to look up your user name.