• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So this making the rounds on Social Media and I am doing my part to bring it over here. 

This is part of the reason I stopped going to large Cons the last few years, but I've never seen something
this blatant. Read below and form your own opinion. I know there are now several Social media and You tube
sellers I will no longer even think of purchasing from after this. These copies were then sold that night on Whatnot
among other places as well as ebay. I completely understand this person's point of view here
I had to cut it into 4 parts to see it all. Whats even worse is this book is just an acetate overlay nothing fancy.

Its makes our hobby look slimy again. I get partnerships, but this was handled poorly and stinks and reeks 
of entitlement. I could care less about this book, but I feel for the people who wanted it and stood in line to 
watch the majority of the copies leave right in front of them.

image.png.102b60e51dd46560b86d7e157e18ed29.pngimage.png.7dabd942e0eb5fcdbcf7c5281b746491.pngimage.png.289c9d4aaac9e64cd8b48df070cf007d.png

On 8/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, fastballspecial said:

So this making the rounds on Social Media and I am doing my part to bring it over here. 

This is part of the reason I stopped going to large Cons the last few years, but I've never seen something
this blatant. Read below and form your own opinion. I know there are now several Social media and You tube
sellers I will no longer even think of purchasing from after this. These copies were then sold that night on Whatnot
among other places as well as ebay. I completely understand this person's point of view here
I had to cut it into 4 parts to see it all. Whats even worse is this book is just an acetate overlay nothing fancy.

Its makes our hobby look slimy again. I get partnerships, but this was handled poorly and stinks and reeks 
of entitlement. I could care less about this book, but I feel for the people who wanted it and stood in line to 
watch the majority of the copies leave right in front of them.

image.png.102b60e51dd46560b86d7e157e18ed29.pngimage.png.7dabd942e0eb5fcdbcf7c5281b746491.pngimage.png.289c9d4aaac9e64cd8b48df070cf007d.png

I heard about it on Friday

post this CG

they took unsold copies of a previous store variant and the stapled the acetate to the book, the book now has 4 staples, why cgc is grading books 9.8 and higher i have no clue. they put extra holes in the book how are you giving out 9.9s and 10.0s

image.thumb.png.1513af71a3a28594c111e41f2a27f0ef.png

Edited by williamblood

This is wild.  I was on  vacation and came back to see people popping off about this all over the place.

I keep finding new layers to this, like the fact that it was a book that didn't sell the first time and they just added an overlay cover on it. 

On 8/8/2022 at 2:55 PM, Flatliner1313 said:

This is wild.  I was on  vacation and came back to see people popping off about this all over the place.

I keep finding new layers to this, like the fact that it was a book that didn't sell the first time and they just added an overlay cover on it. 

the thread in CG is better