• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange,Fantask,Marvel the first french published Marvel comics
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, Peter_Parker591 said:

Great post, Bullmark !

Those books are the reason why I collect comics. I got to know about superheroes through them in the early 80's.

Most of the painted cover are due to artist Jean Frisano.

grew up reading Strange ,Titans ,special strange small pocket black and white, my first intro as kid to Kirby art was  from pocket books and it was  Fim Fan Foom .

On 8/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, Peter_Parker591 said:

So you must have grown up in France, as I.

I own a large collection of those pocket B&W books (Eclipso, Etranges Aventures...) as well as Fantask, Strange and Marvel

Yes I am french ,I do have  a collection of Strange (first 100) ,marvel ,fantask but I sold all my  pocket format years ago and I don't have the courage to buy them all again still I kept Kamandi that was my favorite as a child ,I probably still have few thor also somewhere ...

On 8/11/2022 at 12:07 PM, rakehell said:

Nice collection! Great books!

Have you seen this thread?

Plenty of Strange, Titans, etc in there. Plus more.(thumbsu

Nope I didn't ,thanks !

plenty of stuff ,I will check if there is the Japanese variant  in it  some FF were published in Japan in the 70's and probably some other stuff . 

On 8/10/2022 at 7:10 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

I cam across this series browsing book stores in France and wish I had bought more than a few.  I loved the locally drawn covers.

ASM 1 cover French.jpg

FanTasktic!

On 8/11/2022 at 12:07 PM, rakehell said:

Nice collection! Great books!

Have you seen this thread?

Plenty of Strange, Titans, etc in there. Plus more.(thumbsu

This is going to serve as pure unabashed self-promotion, but there is currently a sale thread in Sales section (of Gold/Silver/Bronze) here on the Boards, that has a bunch of foreign keys in it. :whatthe::tonofbricks:

On 8/7/2022 at 5:31 AM, bullmark said:

it was in full colors and was ban because of it so they published it in 2 colors ,2 pages in green and 2 pages magenta .

This is very, very interesting. Could you add a bit more of detail please?