• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Topps Digital Star Wars and Marvel Card Trader App
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I started using the Star Wars and Marvel card trader apps when they first came out a few years ago for fun.  You get a certain number of credits/packs free per day and also have the option to spend money for additional packs and increased chances at pulling rare cards.  I have always just used the free credits for fun and to see what I could collect.

I recently noticed that people are now selling these digital cards on Ebay.  Granted that each sale is only for $2 but after about 300 sales that starts to add up.  

Is anyone else using these card trader apps and familiar with it?  Out of curiosity I put up some digital cards for sale and sure enough they sold quickly.  Seems kind of odd.

Does nobody else use these digital card trader apps?  I started selling these free cards out of curiosity a month ago and I'm quite amazed at what it has yielded.  $400 in sales for the first month for something that cost me nothing and is free daily.  I started stashing the money in a separate account and now I am curious to see if the sales continue and I can flip this money into an actual key comic book.

image.png.48a74746afc5398267fe84f620a7a250.png

I was really into the Topps Marvel App about three years ago. Spent a lot of time on there trading cards and trying to finish sets. At the time I was also selling and buying cards on eBay, but eventually I got tired of it, and sort of forgot about it. I'll have to check my account, I should still have several hundred cards in there. Maybe it's time to list 'em! 

Opening up the app, I hope I don't get sucked back into this!

A question for you, as it's been several years since I've sold any of these; when the buy pays, they'll include their user id, and then you "trade" them the card. In the past, I think I usually had to select a common dupe of theirs to trade for the card they purchased. Is that still the case, or has trading changed? Or do I have to grab a card from them at all?

On 9/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, F For Fake said:

Opening up the app, I hope I don't get sucked back into this!

A question for you, as it's been several years since I've sold any of these; when the buy pays, they'll include their user id, and then you "trade" them the card. In the past, I think I usually had to select a common dupe of theirs to trade for the card they purchased. Is that still the case, or has trading changed? Or do I have to grab a card from them at all?

I put instructions in my posting for the user to send me a note in their ebay purchase with their user name in the app and for them to send me the trade for the cards that they want.  All I have to do then is review the sale in ebay and match up the trade in the app with the username and accept.  I have been selling cards for a little over a month now and it has been a steady flow of sales. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, LudaToke said:

I put instructions in my posting for the user to send me a note in their ebay purchase with their user name in the app and for them to send me the trade for the cards that they want.  All I have to do then is review the sale in ebay and match up the trade in the app with the username and accept.  I have been selling cards for a little over a month now and it has been a steady flow of sales. 

Very cool, thanks! I think I may be out of luck. I re-downloaded the app, but I guess it's been too long since I last used it, as it doesn't recognize my log-in credentials, and doesn't send a message when I try to reset the password. It's been at least two years or more since I logged in, maybe more like 3, so I guess I'm out of luck. It's a shame, I remember having some really neat cards. Oh well, good luck with the sales!

On 9/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, F For Fake said:

Very cool, thanks! I think I may be out of luck. I re-downloaded the app, but I guess it's been too long since I last used it, as it doesn't recognize my log-in credentials, and doesn't send a message when I try to reset the password. It's been at least two years or more since I logged in, maybe more like 3, so I guess I'm out of luck. It's a shame, I remember having some really neat cards. Oh well, good luck with the sales!

It may be worth sending an email to their support to try and recover your account.  I remember I had to do that when I switched phones and tried to sign into the app on the new phone.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:53 AM, LudaToke said:

It may be worth sending an email to their support to try and recover your account.  I remember I had to do that when I switched phones and tried to sign into the app on the new phone.

Thanks, I'll try it! Now that I'm reminded of them, I'd kinda like to see them again! I certainly spent a lot of time with them for a year or so.

@LudaTokethanks again so much for the recommendation! I emailed Customer Service, and after a day of back and forth attempts with various accounts, emails and user names, I was able to recover my collection. I have to say, the Customer Support folks I was working with were EXTREMELY kind, polite and patient. I am very impressed.

Ok, now to see what I have in here! This is fun. Thanks again for reintroducing me to all of this!

On 9/15/2022 at 12:13 PM, F For Fake said:

@LudaTokethanks again so much for the recommendation! I emailed Customer Service, and after a day of back and forth attempts with various accounts, emails and user names, I was able to recover my collection. I have to say, the Customer Support folks I was working with were EXTREMELY kind, polite and patient. I am very impressed.

Ok, now to see what I have in here! This is fun. Thanks again for reintroducing me to all of this!

What is your username?  I will follow you and we can send trades that benefits us both

On 9/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, LudaToke said:

What is your username?  I will follow you and we can send trades that benefits us both

BRENTISANGRY