• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free CGC outer wells up for grabs
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 7:59 PM, lizards2 said:

Third movement of the day -

Outer wells.  Mostly regular silver size.  Some of the thick giant size.  A few magazine size.

They are typically broken at the lower posts, and I slip the inner well out the bottom.  I only keep the ones that have broken fairly clean.

I delivered about a 100 of these to Royce in Eugene several years ago.  They are heavy.

However, they are useful - for example, you could put your more expensive raw books in them when you sell at conventions, to eliminate handling damage.  You can use them at home for your raw books too, again to eliminate handling damage.  I used them when I delivered a speech on comics to the local Lions club, to protect my raw books from handling damage.

I probably have 100-200 of these stashed in the garage. Post a number you want, and I will begin sorting, first come, first serve. If you want the super thick size or magazine size, please specify.

Empty Outer.jpg

So, I have managed to send out around 120 of these outer wells for shipping cost.

I have many more if anyone is interested. I do have a variety of sizes - magazine, thick and regular.

I would love to claim that shipping 120 made a dent in the supply, but it really hasn't - please help. :foryou: 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:04 AM, lizards2 said:

So, I have managed to send out around 120 of these outer wells for shipping cost.

I have many more if anyone is interested. I do have a variety of sizes - magazine, thick and regular.

I would love to claim that shipping 120 made a dent in the supply, but it really hasn't - please help. :foryou: 

What have people told you they are doing with these? Ad hoc storage?

On 9/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

What have people told you they are doing with these? Ad hoc storage?

One ex-graphic designer is putting his better books in them for display, and making his own labels that say "Non-CGC Graded". Pretty ingenious.

I think they would be great if you're selling raws at conventions, to eliminate handling damage.

Like I probably mentioned, I have some of my stuff in them for when I give speeches about the hobby and such, so you can pass stuff around for folks to look at.

I'm not giving the labels out - those stay with the books.

I am currently all out of regular-sized outer wells. I have shipped out 189 of them over the past couple weeks.

:banana: My wife be very happy! :banana:

I am waiting to hear from another boardie on whether he wants my fat regular-sized and/or magazine-sized wells.

I guess I will put all the inner wells into recycling and make them someone else's problem. I have not thought of a good second use for them. My wife used to use them for crafts at the elementary school, but she is retired now.