Any ANTARCTIC PRESS Comics fans here?
3 3

72 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, wardevil0 said:

Love Antarctic Press, and Ninja High School in particular!

I currently have 75 issues of the base series in 9.6+, and lots more of the specials!

 

 

NHS1cgc98.jpg

Wow! Congrats! That's a hard issue to find in high grade due to cover being printed on a thick card stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 1:02 PM, APDallas said:

Wow! Congrats! That's a hard issue to find in high grade due to cover being printed on a thick card stock.

I've had a hard time finding most of them in top condition; probably too many years in underappreciated bins.  I've been buying lots and picking out the best condition copies I can.  It's so satisfying when you bring in a one-of-a-kind highest graded.

Unfortunately, they're so niche that CGC mislabels them.  All the #1s now have the text "includes poster" despite that being in only a tiny fraction.

Hopefully threads like this one can raise some awareness/interest!

 

NHS2cgc98.jpg

NHS4cgc96.jpg

NHS70CGC98.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 12:17 PM, wardevil0 said:

I've had a hard time finding most of them in top condition; probably too many years in underappreciated bins.  I've been buying lots and picking out the best condition copies I can.  It's so satisfying when you bring in a one-of-a-kind highest graded.

Unfortunately, they're so niche that CGC mislabels them.  All the #1s now have the text "includes poster" despite that being in only a tiny fraction.

Hopefully threads like this one can raise some awareness/interest!

 

NHS2cgc98.jpg

NHS4cgc96.jpg

NHS70CGC98.jpg

Very nice. That issue 4 is notorious to find in high grade due to the black cover and the cheap paper. 1980’s printing was a spoon shot back then. I also see u have subscribers copy of issue 70. Only about 20 of those exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 9:23 AM, shadroch said:

Found a copy of Extremely Silly #1 going thru some papers.  The cover is pretty dirty so I'd call it a VG. I was surprised that it seems to go for about $50 in that shape. 

The unusual size and relative obscurity has basically eliminated the chance of a NM copy.  I've seen very few copies that didn't display some degree of crunch along the top because of the height. The census shows only one 9.6, four 9.4s, and one 9.2.

Extremely Silly.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, wardevil0 said:

The unusual size and relative obscurity has basically eliminated the chance of a NM copy.  I've seen very few copies that didn't display some degree of crunch along the top because of the height. The census shows only one 9.6, four 9.4s, and one 9.2.

Extremely Silly.jpg

Yes. They notorious because of the height of getting easily damaged. The story was that back then there was printer in San Antonio that was not used to doing comics and when AP approached them this was what they could do. It is not even saddle stitched but glued.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3