• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting Slabbed Books

3 posts in this topic

Question: I am resubmitting a slabbed book but do not understand how I window bag it, as it will be un-slabbed before it gets signed. I understand how it works for raw books, but not the slabbed ones. I checked with CGC, and they said it is "recommended that a window bag is provided when submitting for a private signing, whether the book be raw or already slabbed."  If place an oversized window bag over the slab, and they remove the slab, do they slip the raw book back into the oversized window bag? Sorry, first time doing this. Don't want to mess it up. Thanks.

Create a window bag as you would if it was raw (ie where you want the signature to go) and send that bag along with the slab.  When the slab is cracked, they will place the book in the window bag you sent.  The window bag is just a regular size comic bag.

If you do not send a window bag, they will still crack and place in one of their signature yellow window bag where the creator will sign the book wherever they want.  Better to create your own window bag  where you want it signed.