• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Consigning a batch of books through Heritage tomorrow

18 posts in this topic

How do you think I will do?

Most of these I purchased off ebay in the early days.

The CGC ones are in old labels and purchased graded.  The PGX ones I had graded in 2005 while I just had the CBCS ones  graded last year

I think this is the raw 247.  I kept the 8.0  for myself

ACE COMICS 1 3   PGX
ADVENTURE 247 3   CBCS
ALL-FLASH QUARTERLY 2 5   PGX
ALL-FLASH QUARTERLY 3 3   CBCS
COMIC CAVALCADE 1 6   CGC
COMIC CAVALCADE 4 2.5   CBCS
GREEN LANTERN 14 7   PGX
GREEN MASK 1 6.5   CBCS
HOUSE OF SECRETS 1 2.5   CBCS
MORE FUN 19 5   CBCS
SAMSON 1 4   CBCS
SHOWCASE 8 6 M/E PRO CBCS
WORLD'S FINEST 13 7   CGC

Adventure 247c2.jpg

allflash2.jpg

allflash2b.jpg

I just recieved  a schedule  that 10 of these items  will be in the 11/17-11/18  Signature Series  Auction

If anyone from  here wins  one of the listings  I will send you a gift  of 1/2  the price of the sellers  premium

For example  if the Adventure 247  hammers for $2,000   and you pay 2,400  ,  I will send you a gift box  worth at least $200

The three  PGX  graded books  just came back in new CGC holders .

All came back with the same grade,  and will make it into the same signature series auction in mid June.

i will miss having multiples of some keys, especially  the Adventure 247.  My first grail

Heritage  now has images up of the  13 books I consigned.  They broke them up into two different  auctions, both in November

Hopefully the links  below  work

Items I'm Selling (ha.com)

Items I'm Selling (ha.com)

Hopefully  these go for a good  chunk of change   so I can pay off the advance HA  gave me,  give more to my wife   and still have enough left  over  to  justify  putting more into the FOUR COLOR portioin  of my collection

As I feared,  the first attempt at  links  to my  auctions  did not work

Hopefully  these will work better.

Must be somebody who is looking for a SHARP  Showcase 8,  even if it is  with CT

You can view and bid on my entire consignment in auction #7283 at the following link: https://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=7283&collection=172&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0

You can view and bid on my entire consignment in auction #122249 at the following link: https://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=122249&collection=76&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0

the first  8  golden age listings are live now.  This auction runs for 3 weeks 

I think the newest book is from 1945.  

All books came from the early days of eBay  when I was looking for interesting Golden age books

The first batch is now in their last week. 

Actually using the proceeds to pay for grading fees on another group of my best books. Spent 5k on 50 or so books in the last year and plan to do the same in the next year

I think all of these books were bought in the early days of ebay

Does not seem to be much love for the Fox books Flame or Green Mask

On 10/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, jmg3637 said:

Must be somebody who is looking for a SHARP  Showcase 8,  even if it is  with CT

You can view and bid on my entire consignment in auction #7283 at the following link: https://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=7283&collection=172&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0

You can view and bid on my entire consignment in auction #122249 at the following link: https://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=122249&collection=76&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0

My Ace Comics #1 leads off the heritage signature auction in about 12 hours

Four early golden age#1issues among the 8 books

Is anytime here bidding on any of my books? 

First  set of auctions  just closed 

Total hammer for the 8  was 13,200  and I still have  5 lots for a later auction

I thought that Comic Cavalcade # 1  would be the star, but it ended up being a distant  second to the More Fun # 19  which I guess was actually platinum age.

Did anyone from here even bid on these books?

On 10/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, jmg3637 said:

My last 5  consigned books  opened up uesterday.  3 of the books i am not expecting big results on,  but I am hopeful for my Adventure 247 and Showcase 8  both shown above in their raw state.  The SHowcase  was a part of a lot I won in the 90's from Sotheby's

After  nearly 24 hours  the total of the 5 is up to a whopping $9

On 11/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, jmg3637 said:

My last 5  consigned books  opened up uesterday.  3 of the books i am not expecting big results on,  but I am hopeful for my Adventure 247 and Showcase 8  both shown above in their raw state.  The SHowcase  was a part of a lot I won in the 90's from Sotheby's

After  nearly 24 hours  the total of the 5 is up to a whopping $9

Were the other Sotheby’s books restored?  Are your results comparable to CGC graded books?

I think the showcase  was part of a lot with Flash 105  and Atom 1.  thoise books were not restored.

I think the resto was disclosed, but purchase was back in the 90's  so hard to remember for sure.

I am a small seller, so I have no real knowledge on the comparisons between prices realized for different Grading companies other than to comment that Heritage will not even list  a PGX  book in their auctions.

Books are up to 405 now  after big jumps in ADV 247  and SHowcase 8

All but the SHowcase 8  close today  so last bump

Adventure 247 is moving up nicely and is at 1550  with 3 hours 

Remember  if you win anything I will give you books worth at least 10% of the hammer price 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:59 AM, jmg3637 said:

How do you think I will do?

Most of these I purchased off ebay in the early days.

The CGC ones are in old labels and purchased graded.  The PGX ones I had graded in 2005 while I just had the CBCS ones  graded last year

I think this is the raw 247.  I kept the 8.0  for myself

ACE COMICS 1 3   PGX
ADVENTURE 247 3   CBCS
ALL-FLASH QUARTERLY 2 5   PGX
ALL-FLASH QUARTERLY 3 3   CBCS
COMIC CAVALCADE 1 6   CGC
COMIC CAVALCADE 4 2.5   CBCS
GREEN LANTERN 14 7   PGX
GREEN MASK 1 6.5   CBCS
HOUSE OF SECRETS 1 2.5   CBCS
MORE FUN 19 5   CBCS
SAMSON 1 4   CBCS
SHOWCASE 8 6 M/E PRO CBCS
WORLD'S FINEST 13 7   CGC

Adventure 247c2.jpg

allflash2.jpg

allflash2b.jpg

Two of my 13 listings   did not get paid for.

The Adventure 247 had closed at $3,000.  When I  checked yesterday  it was  under $700 with 2 days to go

So now is your chance to get an affordable  GRAIL

So the Adventure 247 ( my original grail)  sold for only 2100 or relisting.  quite a hit from the previous 3,000>  At least it was my undercopy

This is a link  to the remaining book that failed to be paid for.  Still wondering what kind of penalty applies to the bidder  who fails to pay.  I asked my reps  but have not gotten an answer.

You can view and bid on my entire consignment in auction #7339 at the following link: https://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=7339&collection=121&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0

If the link does not work it is the freshly graded version of the All Flash 2  pictured above.  Closes in 5 days and is currently at 525 .  Dont actually remember what it closed for originally