• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a hold be placed on the return shipping of a book?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I submitted a book for grading.  It is due to ship back to me soon, but now I think I may be out of town when it arrives.

Will CGC hold the book for a couple weeks?(or change the delivery address?)

Appreciate any info on this

On 8/12/2022 at 5:55 PM, KirbyTown said:

If the package is on the way, you can go online or use the FedEx app to reroute the package to an "authorized location", usually a local drug store.

Awesome.  The couple times I've tried doing that (never from CGC) I got a message that " due to the shippers instructions the package cannot be rerouted"

Excellent.  This makes me feel much better.  Thank you

This same topic came up on the Ask CGC forum.  See Shipping Policy topic.

CGC will not allow a hold via Fedex.  You need to contact them and request a hold for you.  I just did this and arranged a hold and when they should ship.  The contact number is in the topic and the email as well though the email is acting weird at the time I tried.  They said they were having email server so best to call direct.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, waynemel said:

CGC will not allow a hold via Fedex.  You need to contact them and request a hold for you.  I just did this and arranged a hold and when they should ship.  The contact number is in the topic and the email as well though the email is acting weird at the time I tried.  They said they were having email server so best to call direct.

Ty for this.  I will check the ask CGC forum for the contact number

On 8/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, waynemel said:

Could I trouble you for the name of the specific thread that has the contact number?

• Administrator
On 8/12/2022 at 9:41 PM, kagemusha7s said:

Could I trouble you for the name of the specific thread that has the contact number?

Here is the post with the number.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, CMatthews said:

@waynemel we are looking into the possible server issue with our emails now and hope to have this resolved ASAP. In the meantime, you may contact customer service directly at 941-360-3990 and let them know that you had tried to email the request already. 

Here is the thread.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:51 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is the post with the number.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, CMatthews said:

@waynemel we are looking into the possible server issue with our emails now and hope to have this resolved ASAP. In the meantime, you may contact customer service directly at 941-360-3990 and let them know that you had tried to email the request already. 

Here is the thread.

Ty!  I will call Monday

On 8/12/2022 at 7:06 PM, waynemel said:

CGC will not allow a hold via Fedex.  You need to contact them and request a hold for you.  I just did this and arranged a hold and when they should ship.

I'll delete my post above and I appreciate having the correct info. Sorry to @kagemusha7s and @Gaard in particular for my error!

don’t expect FedEx to do anything you want/need them to do

as I understand, CGC shipments back to you are supposed to require a signature upon delivery

I am out of town and knew a book was expected to me and assumed they would make other attempts to deliver if I wasn’t home …. nope, driver took the liberty of signing for the book and left it outside my door for anyone who wants to take while I was away

On 8/13/2022 at 6:58 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

don’t expect FedEx to do anything you want/need them to do

as I understand, CGC shipments back to you are supposed to require a signature upon delivery

I am out of town and knew a book was expected to me and assumed they would make other attempts to deliver if I wasn’t home …. nope, driver took the liberty of signing for the book and left it outside my door for anyone who wants to take while I was away

I had a pretty expensive raw book shipped to me via USPS with signature confirmation.  Driver did the same thing... and it was pouring outside.

Luckily he at least stood the package up in the door jam and I was actually home and grabbed it right away.