• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Re-Holder Damaged Slabs?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

@CGC Mike I have a slab that was badly damaged in transit when it was shipped to me. There is a crack up the middle and the bottom right corner is busted. However, the card itself appears to have suffered no damage (thankfully). I am hopeful that the CGC holder prevented any damage from being done to the card. Will CGC re-holder a card that is in a damaged but still intact slab or should I submit it for grading via the normal process?

@CGC Mike Hey Mike,

I submitted the card mentioned in my OP for re-holdering and still haven't received a resolution on it. It was received by CGC on 8/18 and the submission # is 4113179. It has been 8 weeks now. I have exchanged emails multiple times with customer service (Matthew and Kailee), and Matthew told me over a month ago that the slab was moved from re-holdering to "mechanical error," and I told him that I had spoken to you here and that you had advised me to submit it under re-holdering. He said that because it was moved to mechanical error, it could take much longer to be processed.

Would you mind checking on this submission for me? It's been a very drawn out, sort of frustrating experience.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks,
Brad

• Administrator
On 10/13/2022 at 6:39 PM, RoLaren said:

@CGC Mike Hey Mike,

I submitted the card mentioned in my OP for re-holdering and still haven't received a resolution on it. It was received by CGC on 8/18 and the submission # is 4113179. It has been 8 weeks now. I have exchanged emails multiple times with customer service (Matthew and Kailee), and Matthew told me over a month ago that the slab was moved from re-holdering to "mechanical error," and I told him that I had spoken to you here and that you had advised me to submit it under re-holdering. He said that because it was moved to mechanical error, it could take much longer to be processed.

Would you mind checking on this submission for me? It's been a very drawn out, sort of frustrating experience.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks,
Brad

I will look into this.

On 10/13/2022 at 8:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will look into this.

Thanks @CGC Mike! The status changed today to "shipped" with a ship date of 10/17. However there's no grade assigned to the cert number anymore. The Cert # is 4113179001.

https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/4113179001/

What does that mean?

Thanks,
Brad

Edited by RoLaren

• Administrator
On 10/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, RoLaren said:

@CGC Mike Mike, were you able to find out anything about this?

Hi

I checked the back and forth e-mails, and this is out of my hands.  Kailee sent you a message, and it appears that is your only option.  If you did not receive this message, send me a PM.  BTW, Customer service will be handling most all of the customers concerns or questions going forward.  

Mike

On 10/17/2022 at 8:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

I checked the back and forth e-mails, and this is out of my hands.  Kailee sent you a message, and it appears that is your only option.  If you did not receive this message, send me a PM.  BTW, Customer service will be handling most all of the customers concerns or questions going forward.  

Mike

@CGC Mike Okay, I PMd you, because I didn't get an email from her. 

That's too bad, because you are much more informative and helpful than customer service. :)  And you're quicker to reply.