• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed - Peanuts - Tip Top Comics - Snoopy - Neal Adams - Four Color
5 5

43 posts in this topic

Dover Sales Thread information

Terms of sale: First “TAKE” claims in the thread wins the item over a PM offer. If I accept the offer in a PM and reply to you, then I will do my best to note the time I replied and add comment in the thread. However, disputes are settled by me. If you risk the PM offer, then there is a chance to be beaten to the sale.

- PM's are welcome and offers will be read. I did my homework to come to these prices. If you make an offer, you should include a reason. 

Payments: PayPal / Check / Zelle or Money Order accepted.

Shipping: Using USPS, box in box method when applicable. Larger when necessary. I will track the shipment and note when received. I will add insurance on orders over $500.0 

- Continental 48 states. First slab is $15. Additional slabs are free..

- Alaska / Hawaii & Canada will be exact shipping and to be determined. Please contact me for a quote. I will not lie on the customs form.

Buyers: I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

Return Policy: On CGC books, returns not accepted.

I have over 1,000 stars on E-Bay. I have more “buys” than “sells” but overall, I understand the process, I understand packing books and I know how I want to receive a package and that will be the goal.

** I will also have a thread in Copper/Modern selling books that no one wants but me.

Edited by dover

Let's get the one book out of place going. I claim that Neal's Superboy run was his best. This cover stands out in flair, motion and typical teenager going in the wrong direction. A perfect spine and wrap.

Superboy    143    9.4 OWW     $150.00     Neal Adams cover

Superboy 143 9.4 AA.jpeg

Superboy 143 9.4 AB.jpeg

On 8/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, dover said:

These are all part of my under-copy collection and I am selling to fund what would be an over copy purchase.

:headbang: The crux of enjoyment in comic book collecting - at least for me. GLWTS.

:news:

Peanuts    8    7.5 WP     $100.00 SOLD!!
This is, by far, the easiest issue to find. I bought this raw, had it cleaned and pressed to hold a position until I got a better copy. It has nice white pages and needs a good home.

Peanuts 8 7.5 AA.jpeg

Peanuts 8 7.5 AB.jpeg

Edited by dover

Peanuts    1 Gold Key    6.0 OWW     $450.00     press potential

Just to be clear, there are in fact 3 books considered (or called) Peanuts #1. Four Color 878 is the first. Peanuts 1 is another and then Peanuts 1 by Gold Key is the 3rd. This was the last one to come out and was part of a 4-issue run by Gold Key. It reprints the cover to Four Color 878. Which you might see later. 

Press Potential - yes, major. But I am not sure there is much bump potential to the grade. But it would look better with a press. 

Peanuts 1 GK 6.0 AA.jpeg

The next group of books are from the Tip Top Comics run. While the early issues are impossible to find, the run from 210-225, with Peanuts on the cover, can be found at times. I cry often when thinking about my original collection, but no one cares. So, I rebuilt, and these are some of the under-copies you might want. 

As a note, I created a journal to document the inside stories from many of these books so you can hold the slab and still know what the Peanuts interiors are. Pictures of each page containing a Peanuts strip can be found as I am documenting and sharing them. 

Here is what I'll post tonight. 

Tip Top Comics    222    9.0
Tip Top Comics    223    9.0
Tip Top Comics    224    8.5
Four Color    878    6.0 OWW
Tip Top Comics    186    3.5 C-OW

Hopefully between 9 and 10:00 EST.