• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Dini Signing
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Paul Dini officially retired from signing a few years ago. Paul has been a family friend for over 40 years. He and my sister attended Emerson College together. They wrote Saturday morning cartoons together in the late 70's/early 80's. My sister created the female Transformers. She also wrote some GI Joe, He Man, My Little Pony, etc. I asked my sister to see if Paul would come out of retirement for this one signing. Once Paul agreed, I asked if he would do a variant cover. He explained that he is not an artist but that he would work with his friend, Amy Mebberson, to create a cover. I then asked CGC to run the signing. They agreed. CGC is collecting the books. Then I saw that the release of the 30th Anniversary Special is coming out about the same time CGC is stopping taking submissions. So, I am buying all of the covers. I also have the Paul Dini Variant and a second variant by the company we created called My Parent's Basement. Our cover is by Brian Level and Jay Leisten. If you submit what you have to CGC, that would be wonderful. If you want to have Paul and other signatures on any of the regular covers and/or our two variants, go to www.myparentsbasementcomics.com. 

Edited by Stein

Hi there.
Thanks for posting about this out.
I've already sent in my original owner copy of Mad Love, but I had a few quick questions after checking out your site.
When / where will the Bruce Timm signatures & Amy Memberson signature and remarques occur / be witnessed?

On 8/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, Troy Division said:

Hi there.
Thanks for posting about this out.
I've already sent in my original owner copy of Mad Love, but I had a few quick questions after checking out your site.
When / where will the Bruce Timm signatures & Amy Memberson signature and remarques occur / be witnessed?

Bruce Timm will be signing prior to Paul. Probably mid-September. Amy will be at the signing with Paul. If you send in a book to CGC, it will be just for Paul. Only the regular covers and our variants will have the opportunity for multiple signatures. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:32 PM, Stein said:

Paul Dini officially retired from signing a few years ago. Paul has been a family friend for over 40 years. He and my sister attended Emerson College together. They wrote Saturday morning cartoons together in the late 70's/early 80's. My sister created the female Transformers. She also wrote some GI Joe, He Man, My Little Pony, etc. I asked my sister to see if Paul would come out of retirement for this one signing. Once Paul agreed, I asked if he would do a variant cover. He explained that he is not an artist but that he would work with his friend, Amy Mebberson, to create a cover. I then asked CGC to run the signing. They agreed. CGC is collecting the books. Then I saw that the release of the 30th Anniversary Special is coming out about the same time CGC is stopping taking submissions. So, I am buying all of the covers. I also have the Paul Dini Variant and a second variant by the company we created called My Parent's Basement. Our cover is by Brian Level and Jay Leisten. If you submit what you have to CGC, that would be wonderful. If you want to have Paul and other signatures on any of the regular covers and/or our two variants, go to www.myparentsbasementcomics.com. 

Hi Stein, if I had a question would it be better to submit it here through a message or through your website's contact form? Thanks! 

On 10/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, troy.division said:

Any word when the signing will occur?
I know it was mentioned as 9/30, but then the hurricane went through the west coast of FL.
Thank you in advance.

I saw that CGC mentioned a Paul Dini signing with a retrospective video on their Facebook page on 10/3 so I think it already happened.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, DJones said:

I missed out on Paul's CGC in house signing.  I'd be interested in buying a CGC SS issue from Paul's Detective run if anyone has one they're willing to part with.  Thanks.

There’s a “want-to-buy” subforum on the Cgc boards where you can make these requests. If you dig around a bit you’ll find it