• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly bags
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, RAW2020 said:

I am submitting some comics and a few are still sealed in poly bags. Will they take it out a nd grade it (which I don't mind) or should I take it out before I send it in.

Edit: oh, THOSE poly-bags, my bad.

Edited by KirbyTown

• Administrator
On 8/16/2022 at 3:12 AM, RAW2020 said:

I am submitting some comics and a few are still sealed in poly bags. Will they take it out a nd grade it (which I don't mind) or should I take it out before I send it in.

Hello

CGC does not certify books that are sealed in a manufacturer's poly-bag. To have a poly-bagged book certified by CGC, you must either remove the book from its poly-bag or send written approval authorizing CGC to remove it. The words “Poly-bag removed” will appear in the key comments section on the CGC label.
The label will not specify if any loose item was in the poly-bag with the comic. When the comic graders remove items from a poly-bagged comic, the items are returned to the submitter in a separate mylar/bag and board.

Mike

thanks all.  It's interesting because a big draw of the X-Force #1 comic was the collector's card in the poly bag.  Deadpool was the collector's card in the bag.  

I don't the comic would be worth as much without the card.  Oh well. Thanks for the feedback all.

Edited by JD112868

On 9/27/2022 at 4:46 PM, JD112868 said:

thanks all.  It's interesting because a big draw of the X-Force #1 comic was the collector's card in the poly bag.  Deadpool was the collector's card in the bag.  

I don't the comic would be worth as much without the card.  Oh well. Thanks for the feedback all.

There are a lot of those out there.

You may be overestimating it's value.

Screenshot_20220929-080909_eBay.jpg