• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Whatnot Event!
4 4

109 posts in this topic

Giveaways for watching a live stream on a workday, idk how they are getting this to promote cgc artists and etc, if'n it doesnt upload the video permanently, and even that would be after all the giveaways are taken?

I'm probably not signing up for the app to find out, but would if I was interested, a little, but not likely

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Think I'll skip this one...still waiting for a whatchamacallit event  :juggle:

Could someone explain to me the viability of Whatnot?  When it was mentioned last night it seemed interesting as a new concept.  Upon further investigation it basically seems like a Facebook livestream sale with fees. 

Why would someone do a whatnot say for GI Joe figures, when you can join the GI Joe Trader PX group which currently has over 14,000 members on Facebook and schedule a livestream sale with no fees.  

I really see Facebook these days as the future of person to person transactions, at least in certain areas of collecting. 

On 8/16/2022 at 5:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

Could someone explain to me the viability of Whatnot?  When it was mentioned last night it seemed interesting as a new concept.  Upon further investigation it basically seems like a Facebook livestream sale with fees. 

Why would someone do a whatnot say for GI Joe figures, when you can join the GI Joe Trader PX group which currently has over 14,000 members on Facebook and schedule a livestream sale with no fees.  

I really see Facebook these days as the future of person to person transactions, at least in certain areas of collecting. 

The only learning that I got from yesterday was

Whatnot has to "approve all sellers" so it has some "accountability " presumed, and then,

Maybe that you can have a bid style 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The only learning that I got from yesterday was

Whatnot has to "approve all sellers" so it has some "accountability " presumed, and then,

Maybe that you can have a bid style 

Maybe it depends on the collectable.  I was watching a review on a certain item and the content maker said that he was going to take the previous editions of what he had and sell them on Whatnot.  I did not think anything of it really until we started discussing it on the boards.  Now that I think of it though, why would someone do that incurring fees when you can get a better price on the Facebook groups?

On 8/16/2022 at 6:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

Maybe it depends on the collectable.  I was watching a review on a certain item and the content maker said that he was going to take the previous editions of what he had and sell them on Whatnot.  I did not think anything of it really until we started discussing it on the boards.  Now that I think of it though, why would someone do that incurring fees when you can get a better price on the Facebook groups?

Just a guess, but because of the amount of smarmy hucksterism that is required to sell on whatnot, people don’t want their real names associated with such activities. 

Better to go by Hustruck or something anonymous 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:52 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Just a guess, but because of the amount of smarmy hucksterism that is required to sell on whatnot, people don’t want their real names associated with such activities. 

Better to go by Hustruck or something anonymous 

I find that using your real name lends credibility to the sale in certain groups.