• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miscut Sealed Greninja Promo: will CGC grade this?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, millionzepf said:

Hello!

I have a sealed Greninja Gold Star promo that has some serious miscut/crimping as you can see below. Would CGC consider grading this? Would both "sections" be placed in the same holder, or separately?

Hello

CGC Trading Cards currently only grades cards that measure 6.3cm x 8.8cm or less.  So, I do not believe we can grade this.  You could measure to be sure.   Also, we would not be able to remove the smaller piece and grade them both separately. 

Mike

On 8/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

CGC Trading Cards currently only grades cards that measure 6.3cm x 8.8cm or less.  So, I do not believe we can grade this.  You could measure to be sure.   Also, we would not be able to remove the smaller piece and grade them both separately. 

Mike

Hi Mike!

Thanks for clarifying. Since the smaller piece (on top) is crimped and miscut, and fits within your dimensions, I assume I could send it in to get graded? I of course would have to remove it from the sealed pack before sending it.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2022 at 1:15 AM, millionzepf said:

Hi Mike!

Thanks for clarifying. Since the smaller piece (on top) is crimped and miscut, and fits within your dimensions, I assume I could send it in to get graded? I of course would have to remove it from the sealed pack before sending it.

Hi

I have checked with a grader. and this was his reply:

We won't be able to grade this due to its dimensions.

We'd be able to grade the bottom card separately if the person removes it themselves. But the top piece is less than 50% of a card, so we won't encapsulate that either.