• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NJ Art Con August 28th
3 3

230 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, thehumantorch said:

I can understand that you think his prices are too high and the increasing of prices is frustrating but none of that matters.  Replacement cost isn't relevant  The price he had it last year or yesterday isn't relevant.  He doesn't care if his valuations are perfect, there's no such thing.

If he followed your advice and set a reasonable price on that FF4 Annual page or sent it to auction it would have sold years ago for a fraction of what it's worth today.  Same for any of his quality pieces.  He understands this hobby better than anyone and he knows he has quality one of a kind inventory, that's almost irreplaceable, and that's increasing in value.

I know you don't like it but how do you not understand it?

Well said.    

On 9/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, thehumantorch said:

I can understand that you think his prices are too high and the increasing of prices is frustrating but none of that matters.  Replacement cost isn't relevant  The price he had it last year or yesterday isn't relevant.  He doesn't care if his valuations are perfect, there's no such thing.

If he followed your advice and set a reasonable price on that FF4 Annual page or sent it to auction it would have sold years ago for a fraction of what it's worth today.  Same for any of his quality pieces.  He understands this hobby better than anyone and he knows he has quality one of a kind inventory, that's almost irreplaceable, and that's increasing in value.

I know you don't like it but how do you not understand it?

I understand what he's doing and it's fine, he can do what he wants. If he wants to raise prices and lie about it that's his business and his choice. He can do whatever he wants and people can choose to buy from him or not. I think he is an unscrupulous character for a myriad of reasons and I'm happy to not buy anything from him.

Edited by kbmcvay

On 9/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, kbmcvay said:

I understand what he's doing and it's fine, he can do what he wants. If he wants to raise prices and lie about it that's his business and his choice. He can do whatever he wants and people can choose to buy from him or not. I think he is an unscrupulous character for a myriad of reasons and I'm happy to not buy anything from him.

Unless the unscrupulous character gave a $300 discount, of course.

On 9/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, kbmcvay said:

But how can he possibly cover his replacement cost by doing so?

I know right?   You might even need a $400 discount to bother.