• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NJ Art Con August 28th
3 3

230 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2022 at 2:01 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Albert knows his stock

His stock, not always, and not always the components of his stock -> proof below.

When I asked him by mail if he had still this page, he told me "No" (page already sold), but didn't remove it from his website at the time. Stayed like this for months.

And about the page content :

image.thumb.png.03b8f4985d5ac2971356a86619f9e34e.png

Edited by Ecclectica

On 8/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Mitch you should come out to do one of these jersey shows! 

I’ve done one a couple years ago. That was enough for me. 
Besides I’m retired from exhibiting at shows. 

Edited by artdealer

On 8/26/2022 at 12:29 PM, Ecclectica said:

His stock, not always, and not always the components of his stock -> proof below.

When I asked him by mail if he had still this page, he told me "No", but didn't remove it from his website at the time. Stayed like this for months.

And about the page content :

image.thumb.png.03b8f4985d5ac2971356a86619f9e34e.png

I wonder what the future contains for some of these guys. Anthony seems to have a team of sorts which might have the ability to carry on the business if he decided to retire, but the others (Mike, Albert, Bechara) all appear to be flying solo -- so what happens to the business if they decide to retire? Mike can't just hand it over to his cats LOL

Maybe they just all fade away like Spencer Beck has

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 8/26/2022 at 12:43 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I wonder what the future contains for some of these guys. Anthony seems to have a team of sorts which might have the ability to carry on the business if he decided to retire, but the others (Mike, Albert, Bechara) all appear to be flying solo -- so what happens to the business if they decide to retire? Mike can't just hand it over to his cats LOL

Spencer is still around.  He still has access to Romita Jr and other artists and was offering one of the latest issues of ASM on a Facebook claim show the other week. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/26/2022 at 12:43 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Spencer is very active... just not his website, still represents a ton of artists 

On 8/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Coming out sunday?

I was on the fence about coming until this week after buying some of the Joe cover art and a few other things.  I was debating it with Jaybuck earlier but I am going to have to skip it.  Most likely hitting it up in the spring though. 

I don't want the temptation.

The fall one is always tentative for me since NYCC is a month later. 

However, if anything changes I will definitely let you know.  It was nice running into you when it was in the "north country".

Made the trek, hotel in Somerset is great, veal parm sandwich (from an Italian sub shop, who else?) on deck for dinner, beers later across the street, piles of OA tomorrow at the show, all is right with the world. Just wish I didn't have to endure the first 10 miles of the NJ Turnpike to get here tho :cry:

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 8/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Nice to meet you Richard! I’ll see you Sunday

Sorry I missed you at the show.

Large number of dealers who were buying. Selling to non-dealers seemed somewhat limited (mostly lower priced stuff, and not a lot). But, a lot of happy show-goers and I was happy I went. Saw some familiar faces to whom I can now attach a name.

Witnessed lots of big ticket sales, not just to dealers.  Nothing tickled my fancy especially since several of the pages that fit my focus were things I passed on at a quarter of their current price.  Little turned off by some dealers who literally crossed out prices and wrote in higher ones.  Wait, I take it back.  There was one piece I wanted, but I can't buy because my father would disown me and mom would be freaked out by it (she hates going into my office because I have a CSS 22 Homage for ASM 121 hanging there.  Oddly enough the Bodé nudes don't offend her lol 

image.thumb.jpeg.b184b8b519693c4ea23a9a2a6863db85.jpeg

On 8/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I don't know what to think about today. I liked seeing the art and talking to dealers, but a huge shift has taken place from relationships to that of straight money. I'm not naive, but I remember things being better than this.

I’m not sure what you saw… I Had a blast… came home with some great art and it was all based on relationships… I sold I bought I traded … and hung out with lots of great people… all in all a great day! Things that came home with me 

14EF974D-BA46-41FB-9589-CBB18F74CB67.jpeg

77EB413A-593E-4F6C-906D-34CB744CF318.jpeg

6A114F8D-6393-4E69-AAE5-1362ACD6E3F1.jpeg

078205FF-BE73-4642-A4BE-46EC4253577F.jpeg

884B5F75-FA7B-46A8-A299-FAB8960C1D04.jpeg

On 8/28/2022 at 9:11 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I’m not sure what you saw… I Had a blast… came home with some great art and it was all based on relationships… I sold I bought I traded … and hung out with lots of great people… all in all a great day! Things that came home with me 

14EF974D-BA46-41FB-9589-CBB18F74CB67.jpeg

77EB413A-593E-4F6C-906D-34CB744CF318.jpeg

6A114F8D-6393-4E69-AAE5-1362ACD6E3F1.jpeg

078205FF-BE73-4642-A4BE-46EC4253577F.jpeg

884B5F75-FA7B-46A8-A299-FAB8960C1D04.jpeg

Should clarify... was talking about dealers, not collectors