• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shortboxed app
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Sorry in advance if there's a thread on this but the Shortboxed app has really improved IMHO.  My first take on the beta version showing previous sales is that there's some over priced books for sale (not a good thing for sellers but great for buyers).  I don't know them personally but have to give them credit for their hard work on improving their app.

Edited by HighRadArt

They have a good app and clearly keep making strides to improve, but FYI still not great for us Canadians as we have to pay for shipping TWICE (If you are in Canada buying a single book you have to pay for the seller to ship their book to Shortbox $15, who then package it back up and then ship it again to you for $50, not including any duties you pay later). 

Their FAQ didn't state this initially when I contacted them about odd fees being added to checkout when they explicitly said there were no extra fees to buy (and they said those were just the other shipping costs I had to pay for), but I think it has been updated now.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 8/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, Sauce Dog said:

They have a good app and clearly keep making strides to improve, but FYI still not great for us Canadians as we have to pay for shipping TWICE (If you are in Canada buying a single book you have to pay for the seller to ship their book to Shortbox $15, who then package it back up and then ship it again to you for $50, not including any duties you pay later). 

Their FAQ didn't state this initially when I contacted them about odd fees being added to checkout when they explicitly said there were no extra fees to buy (and they said those were just the other shipping costs I had to pay for), but I think it has been updated now.

Gezz I didn't know they shipped twice. 

Another reason not to use them yet

On 12/24/2022 at 4:50 PM, Mmanick said:

Yeah most of the prices are poor. It's almost like being at a con.

Yeah I scoured a bunch of GA and SA keys and the prices are all WELL over GPA on everything. I mean like a 10K book is up there for 20K. I am sure there are probably some decent deals to be had somewhere, but I couldn't find any.

Edited by flynavy807