• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to selling, need advice... Please?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey friends!!!

I'm brand new to selling comics and cards. I recently decided to dig my old stash out of the attic that I've been sitting on since the late 80's and early 90's. I feel like I've got some real winners in there. I'm just really really confused about how CGC works, and why the prices for some of the stuff I own varies so wildly on e-bay? Can anyone please give me a few pointers??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Prices depend on grade.

but when looking at ebay, it makes more sense to look at SOLD prices.  Anyone can ask whatever they want for anything, but the prices they actually sell for should have less variation.

for Cgc, you go to the website, get a membership,  choose the appropriate submission tier, fill out the forms (including the payment portion), package the cards, mail the cards.

then Cgc opens the packages, graded the cards, slabs the cards, packages the cards, then mails them back to you.

not every card is FINANCIALLY worth grading, but Cgc grading of comic cards is new so the market has not really been established yet very concretely.  But the reasons (both financial and otherwise) that people submit are personal and subjective.

If you have specific questions about the mechanics of submitting, I’d take a hard look at the website then contact Cgc customer service .

I’ve been in the card business for 10 years and all I can tell you is learn to grade. Rare/sought after cards can be worth good money in mid/lower grades but generally only high grades are worth anything, especially in mass produced sets like those. I had a bunch of those Marvel cards you’re showing and anything below a 9 or 10 is generally not worth grading (unless you just want it slabbed for your own collection). Have fun!